News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fuck a Keurig

Started by PopeyesPappy, December 31, 2015, 11:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

First off, I'm not a coffee commonsewer.

We've been using a Keurig for a couple of years now. They're handy and make a decent cup of Joe, but I'm tired of paying 3 prices for a cup of coffee so we bought a new coffee maker and retired the Keurig. I've used a Bunn for years to make tea, but the warmer doesn't work. It also doesn't lend itself to a single cup. I was leaning towards a Bonavita BV 1900, but once again they don't make a single cup well and that's how we make most of our coffee. Karen found a Ninja Coffee Bar at Sam's Club and brought one home. We're still trying to figure out how much coffee to use so I've had 4 cups already this morning. That's twice my normal two, and I've got a good caffeine buzz going. I probably won't sleep until tomorrow sometime...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

A cup of coffee is serious buesiness, sir.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

I have a K, I drink about one cup a day. On the weekends 1/2 a cup. Not a big coffee man. Wife has about 3 in the am and then uses it for tea in the evening. ridiculous cost, but convenience is what it is all about you know.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

The Skeletal Atheist

I've always been of the opinion that the only reason to have one is for an office or a waiting room so people can be sure the coffee is fresh. Home use? Useless and pricy.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

josephpalazzo

The other day I was at Costco, and this girl stopped me to drink a cup of coffee from a Nespresso machine, and that was the most delicious coffee I have ever tasted. If you are going on the high end of coffee machine that is it, or your money refunded...

stromboli

Speaking as a person who has made coffee with a tin can and a paper towel for a filter, I'm afraid your plight falls on deaf ears.

Shiranu

And I'm just sitting here... allergic to coffee of any sort... Keurig or not.

*Cries in Spanish*
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

I got this baby for christmas.

You can do single cups at a time and you don't need the keurig pods, you can just spoon in the right amount in to the thing it comes with.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Coffee-49980A/dp/B00EI7DPPI/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1451597687&sr=1-1&keywords=hamilton+beach+coffee+maker

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 31, 2015, 04:36:14 PM
I got this baby for christmas.

You can do single cups at a time and you don't need the keurig pods, you can just spoon in the right amount in to the thing it comes with.

That sounds like the Ninja. It does single cup, travel cup, half pot and full pot.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 31, 2015, 11:09:08 AMFirst off, I'm not a coffee commonsewer.
I believe the word you are looking for is "connoisseur." A commonsewer is, well...

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Valigarmander

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 31, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
I believe the word you are looking for is "connoisseur."
Gesundheit.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 31, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
I believe the word you are looking for is "connoisseur." A commonsewer is, well...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I know what the word is. A now dead old friend used to say commonsewer in jest, and I picked up on using it from him.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on December 31, 2015, 06:16:26 PM
I know what the word is. A now dead old friend used to say commonsewer in jest, and I picked up on using it from him.

I like Freudian slips, even on guys ;-)  Mrs Malaprop and Dr Spooner would approve.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

I see we've all been hitting the booze a tad......