News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The State of the Forum

Started by aitm, December 31, 2015, 08:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: wolf39us on January 01, 2016, 07:55:23 PM
Things are still looking really good around here!  Awesome post aitm!  This forum isn't going anywhere :-)

there is more than one way to interpret that.

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on January 01, 2016, 10:24:23 PM
there is more than one way to interpret that.

Don't be a pissy-mist ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: wolf39us on January 01, 2016, 07:55:23 PM
Things are still looking really good around here!  Awesome post aitm!  This forum isn't going anywhere :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's good to hear.

Solomon Zorn

I've only been here since 2013. Just long enough to have seen the previous format.

When I signed up, there was an older guy, named Colanth, on here. Does anybody know what became of him? He hasn't posted in years.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 31, 2015, 11:45:11 PM
What's with the guests? Seriously. Every time I visit there's like 5-10 members and 70 guests or something.
Could it be a web-crawler? I get thousands of hits, on my site, every month from them. They are indistinguishable from actual visitors.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on January 03, 2016, 07:55:10 AM
I've only been here since 2013. Just long enough to have seen the previous format.

When I signed up, there was an older guy, named Colanth, on here. Does anybody know what became of him? He hasn't posted in years.
He's AWOL, as far as I know. Could be dead, I suppose.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Colanth was old in years. And as far as I know, he also needed to move, make new life arrangements with family and a lot to do then. I don't know what happened after.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 03, 2016, 08:41:43 AM
He's AWOL, as far as I know. Could be dead, I suppose.
That's the thing about the internet: we may never know. It's not like his family would likely think to let us know, if he did die.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 03, 2016, 09:36:04 AM
Colanth was old in years. And as far as I know, he also needed to move, make new life arrangements with family and a lot to do then. I don't know what happened after.
We used to correspond for a short time. He was the first friend I made on the forum.

Baruch

One of my first Internet friends passed on a couple of years ago.  Her Facebook page is still up, and her family uses it as a kind of on-line memorial.  The new immortality is a permanent digital record with the NSA ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

We're still here? I drop in from time to time although I'm developing some new hobbies.  I might chip in again, but for now I'm hanging on to a few pennies to pay for my other hobbies. I kind of wish I could remember my first username that I once had and when I originally joined, but my memory sucks.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 03, 2016, 08:55:51 PM
I kind of wish I could remember my first username

I think you called yourself ass-hole and we all just thought it was wonderfully appropriate…..LOLOLOLOLOL…er……..*whistles*
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

I log on as anonymous because a lot of times I come on and don't post, just read stuff. I know other people do the same.

I don't remember when APA had another name.

Mr_C

Quote from: stromboli on December 31, 2015, 09:59:40 AM
Which is why the "an Infidel guy"  project remains in the banner. We all respect him, here or not. He was a pioneer. Happy new year to you as well, Reggie. And we miss a few people; Kimmy, Baddogma, HBA, and some that come and go. Some fallen on hard times some died, sadly, and some moved on to new things. The Rick Kelso is still alive on other forums I've seen; still got the same avatar.

Same here. Happy New Year to the lot of you.
I see most of the people you named (and a few you didn't) on Facebook nowadays.

Happy New Year's everybody

Sent from my iPhone using your literal mother
"Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches?"
-Stephen Colbert

Jason78

How long have I been here?  My profile says I've been here since 2010 but I think that was the last time the database crashed.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!