News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The State of the Forum

Started by aitm, December 31, 2015, 08:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

Quote from: aitm on December 31, 2015, 08:35:52 AM
You are valued and appreciated and offer many wonderful tidbits of information and sometimes a little more than I need to know about cartoons, and furry animals and *shudders* other stuff.
Now what exactly would that other stuff be man? Hehehehe. But in all seriousness, I don't know this place needs money unless you tell us. How are things currently looking?
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

aitm

Quote from: _Xenu_ on December 31, 2015, 05:42:39 PM
How are things currently looking?

Thank you for asking. We don't need much. If half of us dropped a fiver every month or so we would be fine. We don't need 50 bucks a person but a nice steady monthly works. If things get desperate Wolfy (wherever that rat bastard may be spending all our money on the occasional lottery ticket) will let us know.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

_Xenu_

Quote from: aitm on December 31, 2015, 06:29:33 PM
Thank you for asking. We don't need much. If half of us dropped a fiver every month or so we would be fine. We don't need 50 bucks a person but a nice steady monthly works. If things get desperate Wolfy (wherever that rat bastard may be spending all our money on the occasional lottery ticket) will let us know.
I don't think this place is going to be shut down for financial reasons anytime soon, and setting up regular payments would be a pain in the ass because of Paypal. If things get bad, just let us know. Buying the domain from Richie was the big thing, keeping the lights on really isn't that hard.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2015, 11:30:33 AM
From the past. A salute to Reginald Finley
No mention of us, we're the bastard children he doesn't like talking about.

HOORAY!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

Thanks aitm for all you said. I've only been here since may 2014, but I've grown to love this forum, it feels like a little space to just enjoy and chat and talk about things in general, with people of like mindedness. I never got to know the other guys, but I've just happy to get to know everyone here, its like a bar you come visit after work, where everybody knows your name, and their always glad you came.

Happy new year everyone, lets keep the ball rolling <3
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 31, 2015, 08:18:32 PM
No mention of us, we're the bastard children he doesn't like talking about.

HOORAY!

A. if you ain't stoned, you're faking it like a trooper.

B. It's my fault. After I came on board, the forum went into redneck overload.

FinalSomnia

I've been here since December '09, right after I realized that I wasn't a believer anymore. I've seen the ebb and flow of the forums, and I agree with aitm. I don't have the post count of a lot of you, but many of us find this place a welcome home on the internet.

I think one of the more... interesting... times in forum history was the heyday of WitchSabrina (if I'm remembering her name right), Taqiyya Mockingbird, and Azzi.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Sal1981

What's with the guests? Seriously. Every time I visit there's like 5-10 members and 70 guests or something.

Blackleaf

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 31, 2015, 11:06:46 AM
Here since 2009 as TSA, a few years before that as Azrael.

I miss the old forum, in some respect. It was painful, but at the same time wonderful to watch the brutal takedowns of idiotic theists, or someone who simply preferred a different type of tea.

I can oblige.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 31, 2015, 11:45:11 PM
What's with the guests? Seriously. Every time I visit there's like 5-10 members and 70 guests or something.

NSA having a good laugh ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

I'm on here as anonymous, so blame me. Has to do with my sneaky below the radar mentality.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on December 31, 2015, 10:20:10 PM
A. if you ain't stoned, you're faking it like a trooper.

B. It's my fault. After I came on board, the forum went into redneck overload.
Drunk, actually! Now hungover.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on December 31, 2015, 11:45:11 PM

They're J Edgar Hoover's minions.  They don't sign in or contribute, they just monitor and take notes.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 01, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
They're J Edgar Hoover's minions.  They don't sign in or contribute, they just monitor and take notes.

Having taken notes, those are meme vectors to infect the Establishment, and maybe make them a little less stupid ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

wolf39us

Things are still looking really good around here!  Awesome post aitm!  This forum isn't going anywhere :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk