News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The State of the Forum

Started by aitm, December 31, 2015, 08:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

It is going on my 8th year here. I am the last of the old guard, those who had the temerity to boot one of the original founders from the forum. The old guard is gone. We have not see Flat Earth or HBA in years, perhaps annoyed they didn't get more "respect" when we bought the forum as a membership instead of a private club.

Many of you have been here for a few years as well. The forum "breathes" as you know. Some times we have no new-comers for months and then we get a dozen in a few weeks. Most forums do not hold members very well, only a few decide to stay, for whatever reason. Personalities galore. Quirks, fetishes and some plain weirdos are you all.

I have enjoyed all of you at times. Most times to be truthful. Sometimes we all get pissy or pick a particular fight and no one ever backs down. Sometimes we simply word a sentence wrong and get hammered for it and decide to duke it out anyway instead of just saying, "oops, not what I meant". I think some of those are the more fun battles.

Through it all, I think you all do a great job of being mostly respectful, surely we can point out several instances but for the most part the forum needs very little moderation anymore. Unlike the old days when the board looking like a fucking war zone with bloodied and battered bodies dragging themselves from thread to thread to take one more swing. LOL, oh yes it was indeed like that.

Our membership is not large, but we are the owners, those of us who have donated, and some of us who have not lately, but need too. Remember through it all, that this is our forum, yours and mine. You are valued and appreciated and offer many wonderful tidbits of information and sometimes a little more than I need to know about cartoons, and furry animals and *shudders* other stuff.

Inform us when something needs attention, we don't read all the threads and lord knows I ain't walking into no damn furry thread again……period

I think our home is a great place. I enjoy it and you!

I hope for each of you, a very great new year. I hope you continue to stick around. Toss a couple bucks into the donate jar once in awhile so we don't have to have some embarrassing fund raiser. Ever.

Have a great year, I hope its your best. This is your forum. Thanks for playing!

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

pr126

I have joined January 5th 2005 that is 10 years.

Happy new year to all.

Whatever happened to Reggie?

drunkenshoe

Happy New year to everyone!

Weirdos...hah! We are a fluffy, neat, merry lot. And you know that! I love you too, honey.

I'll donate next month.

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2015, 09:03:44 AM
Whatever happened to Reggie?

Reggie sold it to members. It's ours.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Which is why the "an Infidel guy"  project remains in the banner. We all respect him, here or not. He was a pioneer. Happy new year to you as well, Reggie. And we miss a few people; Kimmy, Baddogma, HBA, and some that come and go. Some fallen on hard times some died, sadly, and some moved on to new things. The Rick Kelso is still alive on other forums I've seen; still got the same avatar.

Same here. Happy New Year to the lot of you.

josephpalazzo

Yep, Baddogma, HBA and whatever happened to Moloth, the coolest guy ever???

Happy New Year.

Mr.Obvious

All before my time, and as tonight reminds us, the future creeps up on us relentlessly. But with today's crowd, i'll gladly face this forum on the morrow.
Sweet 2016 everyone
Happy newyear
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 31, 2015, 09:34:30 AM
Happy New year to everyone!

Weirdos...hah! We are a fluffy, neat, merry lot. And you know that! I love you too, honey.

I'll donate next month.

Reggie sold it to members. It's ours.
I know that, I was wondering if anyone kept in touch with him since.

Sal1981

The Skeletal Atheist

Here since 2009 as TSA, a few years before that as Azrael.

I miss the old forum, in some respect. It was painful, but at the same time wonderful to watch the brutal takedowns of idiotic theists, or someone who simply preferred a different type of tea.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on December 31, 2015, 10:44:40 AM
I know that, I was wondering if anyone kept in touch with him since.

Oh, I have no idea.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

From the past. A salute to Reginald Finley

Green Bottle

Been here for a while now and even though i dont post as often as i did before, i still drop in every day to check out whats happening.
Been on a few forums in my time and apart from 8b and the old Buddies forum i've lasted here quite a while, considering most of them i've tried have bored me after a while, weeks/months.
Anyhow, Aitm, yersel and the rest of the staff do a great job of keepin control of this ''rabble'' that we are sometimes, the ban hammer doesnt swing all that often, but when it needs to be done, its done.
Some of the verbal sparring that goes on sometimes is great to see, and also the fall-outs and disagreements.
Ill be honest here and say that i like most of you, one or two im not so keen on but overall , a good bunch.
So let me wish the forum all the best from me and Scotland, and lets hope 2016 is a good year for all of us.... :singing:

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Unbeliever

I've very much enjoyed this forum, and would like to continue doing so. I'd donate if I could, but I simply cannot. If that ever changes, this place will be the first to know of it.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 31, 2015, 11:06:46 AM
Here since 2009 as TSA, a few years before that as Azrael.

I miss the old forum, in some respect. It was painful, but at the same time wonderful to watch the brutal takedowns of idiotic theists, or someone who simply preferred a different type of tea.

I remember. This is definitely a kinder, gentler forum than what it used to be.

_Xenu_

Quote from: stromboli on December 31, 2015, 09:59:40 AM
Which is why the "an Infidel guy"  project remains in the banner. We all respect him, here or not. He was a pioneer. Happy new year to you as well, Reggie. And we miss a few people; Kimmy, Baddogma, HBA, and some that come and go. Some fallen on hard times some died, sadly, and some moved on to new things. The Rick Kelso is still alive on other forums I've seen; still got the same avatar.

Same here. Happy New Year to the lot of you.
You can actually get ahold of Kimmie if you want to. She's on steam with the same user name she had here.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home