News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Veterans

Started by Jmpty, February 16, 2013, 07:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baddogma

Such a Hollywood shot. It was a fucking fake vest and four hats. They slapped it on over cammies, slammed a hat on our head and told us to get the fuck out. I think I was in shock. lol
"The only way you can be certain that there are good people in the world is to BE one".
-My mother

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "baddogma"Such a Hollywood shot. It was a fucking fake vest and four hats. They slapped it on over cammies, slammed a hat on our head and told us to get the fuck out. I think I was in shock. lol
The US military misleading the public? :shock: I'm aghast!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Lao Tou

My basic training pic wasn't much different from either of your pics. Of course, the technology was much lower tech then. Think the photos taken in the Flintstones cartoons. Same general era.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

Jmpty

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Jmpty"I know some of you are, as am I. Here's me just shy of my 18th birthday. Ft Knox, KY.

[/img]

did ya take the lenses out for the pic? also are you really 12 in the pic, and lastly, did they just invent color?

hehehehehehe

No,they weren't even my glasses, no, and yes. I'll get you for that. ;)
???  ??

Jmpty

Quote from: "baddogma"Such a Hollywood shot. It was a fucking fake vest and four hats. They slapped it on over cammies, slammed a hat on our head and told us to get the fuck out. I think I was in shock. lol

Same here.
???  ??

Jmpty

Quote from: "SvZurich"
Quote from: "Jmpty"I know some of you are, as am I. Here's me just shy of my 18th birthday. Ft Knox, KY.

[/img]
Oh my, artist Steve Rogers in the early days?  :D

You know I'm really Captain America, right?
???  ??

AllPurposeAtheist

Jmpty, you look thrilled beyond thrilled to represent a nation and at the ready to stand up for truth, justice and the american way! Undoubtedly there was a phone booth nearby to change into tights and cape then. I know the navy supplied me with all that.
/snark
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

You guys looked like little kids. It scares me to see pictures of just how young soldiers really are.

Savior2006

Quote from: "Plu"You guys looked like little kids. It scares me to see pictures of just how young soldiers really are.
Minors in warfare are nothing new unfortunately.

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_soldiers
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Thumpalumpacus

Mine as well.
<insert witty aphorism here>

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Jmpty"
Quote from: "aitm"did ya take the lenses out for the pic? also are you really 12 in the pic, and lastly, did they just invent color?

hehehehehehe

No,they weren't even my glasses, no, and yes. I'll get you for that. ;)

I think they put the glasses on him to make him look older.
I'm laughing so hard I have to go to the bathroom now...........  R. O. F. L. M. A. OOooooooff

dear jesus
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Surrogate

Former squid here, don't have access to my bootcamp pic or I'd post it =/
Existence is a choice.   There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.   Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.   From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.   Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.   Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.
—An excerpt from The Qun, Canto 1

SvZurich

I know one of my boot pics is at my grandparent's in Louisiana, and I think dad used to have one.  If I still have any, they are buried on my storage locker.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Jmpty

Quote from: "SvZurich"I know one of my boot pics is at my grandparent's in Louisiana, and I think dad used to have one.  If I still have any, they are buried on my storage locker.

How conveeeeeeeenient.  ;)
???  ??

SvZurich

Considering I live in Nevada, hated the pic, and 1994 was nearly 20 years ago, it's normal.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.