Why don't some people just take their meds?

Started by Gerard, March 19, 2013, 12:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Lately there was some hullabaloo about the likeness between Obama and the actor playing Satan in the item of apologetics recently aired by the History Channel.

Some obscurantist nuts however take the comparison to new heights. Watching the first four minutes of this crap will make things abundantly clear.

[youtube:3b0tm3tq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5ym861tN8[/youtube:3b0tm3tq]

Gerard

AllPurposeAtheist

I took my meds today and got chewed out for taking one to many pills.. we have to sign for everything and though docs almost NEVER write the prescription correct there are staff members here who just fucking HAVE TO do everything by the fucking book.. stupid bitch..

Oh! Satan! She IS Satan.. trust me on this.. :evil:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gerard

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I took my meds today and got chewed out for taking one to many pills.. we have to sign for everything and though docs almost NEVER write the prescription correct there are staff members here who just fucking HAVE TO do everything by the fucking book.. stupid bitch..

Oh! Satan! She IS Satan.. trust me on this.. :evil:

Well APA, see it this way. She may be Satan, but she can't blame you for not taking your meds......

Some people (Satan for instance) just don't tolerate that people make honest mistakes.... I make them at least once a week. Says more about them then about..... us for example!

:wink:

Gerard

widdershins

Quote from: "Gerard"Lately there was some hullabaloo about the likeness between Obama and the actor playing Satan in the item of apologetics recently aired by the History Channel.

Some obscurantist nuts however take the comparison to new heights. Watching the first four minutes of this crap will make things abundantly clear.

Gerard
I tried, but I couldn't make it four minutes.  Two and a half minutes of liberal translations of words with similar meanings and sounds to demonize our president was all I could take.  It's like that Bible code bullshit where you can find all this "secret wisdom".  Secret wisdom my ass!  I did a quick search on the first web site I found that let me do a search for free and "Jesus was gay" got 848 hits.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

Try googling 'jesus fucked sheep'... It's a secret code. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

FrankDK

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Try googling 'jesus fucked sheep'... It's a secret code. :lol:

Baaaah!

Frank

Gerard

Quote from: "widdershins"
Quote from: "Gerard"Lately there was some hullabaloo about the likeness between Obama and the actor playing Satan in the item of apologetics recently aired by the History Channel.

Gerard
I tried, but I couldn't make it four minutes.  Two and a half minutes of liberal translations of words with similar meanings and sounds to demonize our president was all I could take.  It's like that Bible code bullshit where you can find all this "secret wisdom".  Secret wisdom my ass!  I did a quick search on the first web site I found that let me do a search for free and "Jesus was gay" got 848 hits.

Exactly. This is reminiscent of Bible code stuff. In that sense it has more to do with people being batshit crazy than with people being religious.....

Gerard

FrankDK

> it has more to do with people being batshit crazy than with people being religious.....

I think the difference is merely one of extent, not kind.

Frank

Seabear

People take their meds, feel better, and think they don't need them anymore. Next thing you know... YouTube insanity
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

widdershins

Quote from: "Gerard"
Quote from: "widdershins"

Gerard

Exactly. This is reminiscent of Bible code stuff. In that sense it has more to do with people being batshit crazy than with people being religious.....

Gerard
This link should help you undo the stupid of that video.  It's by a religious person who just happens to be a Biblical scholar and who also just happens to have watched this particular video.  It is intelligent and informative.  And as an added bonus he rips this moron a new one.
This sentence is a lie...

summerinx

This guy talks so repetitively. I can't imagine anyone watching the full video.

Gerard

Quote from: "FrankDK"> it has more to do with people being batshit crazy than with people being religious.....

I think the difference is merely one of extent, not kind.

Frank

The extent however is.... remarkable.

Gerard

Sal1981

Quote from: "Gerard"Why don't some people just take their meds?
Because some people think they can do without.

This is especially so for psych meds, to my knowledge. Besides psych meds have always been hard to pin down on their effectiveness because of how much we don't know about how the brain works.

One biochemist at a TED talk described current psych meds as treating the brain as a bag of chemical soup.

Thackerie

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Try googling 'jesus fucked sheep'... It's a secret code. :lol:
[spoil:1k6xqsq8][/spoil:1k6xqsq8]
[moderator:1k6xqsq8]please spoil NSFW pictures people![/moderator:1k6xqsq8]

OK, I googled it. Now what?

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Thackerie"
[spoil:3a0ipi6t][ Image ][/spoil:3a0ipi6t]
[moderator:3a0ipi6t]please spoil NSFW pictures people![/moderator:3a0ipi6t]

OK, I googled it. Now what?

The only way to heaven is through emulating the actions of Jesus.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!