History of Americas to be rewritten?

Started by josephpalazzo, December 19, 2015, 04:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteAn ancient artifact discovered near Nova Scotia’s Oak Island is forcing experts to question the history of the Americas. An eyebrow-raising new report suggests that mariners arrived to the New World more than a thousand years before Columbus.

Researchers who’ve explored the island â€" rife with mystery thanks to a 230ft deep booby-trapped shaft known as the ‘money pit’ - claim to have found evidence that Roman ships arrived to North American during the first century or earlier, way ahead of Columbus’ arrival in 1492.

The discoveries have been documented on the TV show ‘Curse of Oak Island.’

J. Hutton Pulitzer, a historic investigator, claims to have evidence of a Roman sword that was discovered submerged near the island, which is believed to be a Roman shipwreck. He says the ancient weapon is the “smoking gun” to his theory.

“The ceremonial sword came out of that shipwreck,” he said. “It is one incredible Roman artifact.”

He explains that the discovery came about after a father and son were scalloping off Oak Island. The father kept the sword for decades, and passed it along to his wife when he died. It was then passed along to her daughter, who gave it to her husband, who eventually brought it forward to researchers.

Pulitzer says the complex metallic properties of the ancient weapon match those of other ancient Roman artifacts.

“The shipwreck is still there and has not been worked,” said Pulitzer. “We have scanned it, we know exactly where it lays, but it will be a touchy thing for the Nova Scotia government to allow an archaeological team to survey it. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is Roman.”

He acknowledges that it would be a huge undertaking to re-write history, but that shouldn’t be a deterrent.

“I think anything that challenges history is very risky, very dangerous and extremely political,” he said. “But I think the world has matured and history may force politics to mature.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/sword-discovered-off-nova-scotias-oak-island-195223301.html

Gawdzilla Sama

If they call it "Oak Island" it's a good bet this isn't anything but a propaganda bit for the History Channel or such.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

I had seen teasers about this at the local movie theater.  It looked like it was a TV show, and it turns out, it's a TV show.  Ha!  Now it was just a teaser, and I shouldn't judge from that, but it looked like a teaser from the History Channel or the Discovery Channel similar to the ones like "Do Poltergeists Actually Exist," or "Have Archeologists Found Evidence of Noah's Flood?"

The question that came to my mind, rather than "Was there really going to be anything in that hole," was "Why would Romans bury something in a two hundred foot deep hole?"  This was the question about obvious overkill that haunted me more than anything else.

Did anyone discover America, before Columbus?  Well, considering there were people living here when Columbus showed up, yeah, I'll take a wild guess and suppose it had already been discovered.  In a book I've been reading about different scientific discoveries, it seems that discoveries are often attributed to many heroes who happened to be in the right time where their findings were not rejected.  It turns out that a lot of the big discoveries, were already discovered before, but sometimes not published, and sometimes rejected out of hand before all the facts came in.

Given man's adventurist nature ever since he moved out of Africa, it wouldn't surprise me that the Americas had been discovered many times.

josephpalazzo

When I read the article, it seemed too sensational to be true. Until a second, independent team verifies this finding I will remain skeptical.

Baruch

It is a meme ... like the recent TV show about Hitler in S America.  The CIA shills in Hollywood do work overtime.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

I've read/studied stuff about Oak Island since back in the 60's. Based on how the "discovery" was made, I'm not crossing any lines of text out of history books just yet.

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on December 19, 2015, 09:18:10 AM
I've read/studied stuff about Oak Island since back in the 60's. Based on how the "discovery" was made, I'm not crossing any lines of text out of history books just yet.

I saw the same show.  There was a whole series on lost treasures, including all the silver coins dropped in Manila Bay by MacArthur.  They actually did recover some of those silver coins ... but nobody has every recovered from the Curse Of Oak Island ... dum da dum ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.