Eghad! A Muslim In Walmart! The Horror!

Started by Shiranu, December 18, 2015, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 18, 2015, 08:08:02 PM
I have yet to meet a Muslim (in the States [mostly Texas]) who forces their beliefs down anyone else's throat. I am positive they exist but they are not remotely the majority. The average Muslim American is like your average Christian or atheist American... believe what you do and I shale do the same and we have no issue.

If anything Muslim Americans are probably more "reclusive" with their beliefs because they realise there are jackasses like the article or the thousands of hateful responses agreeing with him surrounding them.

speaking from a british pov, when you read news reports of how islamic communities form there own sharia law in places like london and other cities, to the point they don't follow the laws of this country, then you realize even those who are not of the violent extremist nature of that small percentage, there is still a strong attitude from those living here of they are above or separated from this country. Also working in a large store where I deal with sometimes endless streams of people, almost 9/10 times when I serve someone of middle eastern decent, wearing a head scarf if they are women, that 9/10 times I almost never see them smile, or have any other expression except sullen. I'm serious, the way people of middle eastern decent in this country are, it comes off like only a small minority of them are well adjusted, pleasant mannered and openly good natured.

Islamic doctrine just create misery, I think its that small percentage of those of middle eastern decent who don't follow the quran who just come off the better people, because they aren't living in a society where they're religious beliefs conflicts with the world around them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

CloneKai

Quote from: Munch on December 19, 2015, 05:30:30 AM
speaking from a british pov, when you read news reports of how islamic communities form there own sharia law in places like london and other cities, to the point they don't follow the laws of this country, then you realize even those who are not of the violent extremist nature of that small percentage, there is still a strong attitude from those living here of they are above or separated from this country. Also working in a large store where I deal with sometimes endless streams of people, almost 9/10 times when I serve someone of middle eastern decent, wearing a head scarf if they are women, that 9/10 times I almost never see them smile, or have any other expression except sullen. I'm serious, the way people of middle eastern decent in this country are, it comes off like only a small minority of them are well adjusted, pleasant mannered and openly good natured.

Islamic doctrine just create misery, I think its that small percentage of those of middle eastern decent who don't follow the quran who just come off the better people, because they aren't living in a society where they're religious beliefs conflicts with the world around them.
well in islam
women, when interacting with males must keep 'stern' expression on their faces. to deal with men, who have, erm "decease in their heart". you don't have that particular problem but they might not like you for that either.  :shifty:

and ofcourse allah law must trump any law of the man. so i think most religious people prefer that.

Baruch

CloneKai ... of course sometimes Buddhists are violent ... the best example being the Japanese.  But there is quite a battle in S Thailand and until a few years ago, a long term civil war in Sri Lanka.  Burmese monks (Myanmar) can also get agitated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.