News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Europe today

Started by pr126, December 16, 2015, 11:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2015, 07:14:50 PM
What I have heard said ... is that the US Muslim immigrants are on average better educated and from a better class, than the Muslim immigrants to Europe.  Of course this is just mean ... as in statistical mean.

Most of our local Mexican immigrants aren't doctors or physics professors.  This take away nothing from the wonderful folks who do hard physical labor for us Dead White Males.  There are of course a few educated Mexicans who immigrate to the US ... but historically, for all immigrants, folks who had their shit together back in the "old country" usually stayed there.
That makes sense.  Now that you mention it, most of the Muslims I've worked with in the States were well educated. 

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on December 17, 2015, 07:24:10 PM
That makes sense.  Now that you mention it, most of the Muslims I've worked with in the States were well educated.

Education isn't everything, but it is better than nothing.  I suspect many of our Mexican manual laborers ... aren't literate in Spanish, let alone in English.  But the better dressed ones, do speak better English than I speak Spanish.  And if their children can get educated here, they will avoid the constant criminal terrors back home, and will come out ahead of their parents, even if they only complete HS.

Education is valuable but limited.  I am more educated than my parents, but that wasn't so hard for me to do, but since both parents of my daughter have a post-undergraduate degree, my daughter has to work much harder to surpass either of her parents ... she has to get a PhD, MD or JD.  But she will probably stop with an Associates, not even a Bachelor's degree ... it is too hard to go farther for her.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.