News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who here likes sushi?

Started by Brian37, March 19, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Las Cruces. Yeah, that doesn't strike me as a place with good sushi. I have done a lot of work there so have spent quite a bit of time sampling the fare. Unbelievable tamales.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Colanth

I love sushi.  No surprise, since we had fish of one sort or another at least a few times a week when I was growing up.  Unfortunately, I'm prone to gout, and tuna triggers it (so does salmon, to a lesser extent), so I'm limited in which sushi dishes I can eat.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

wolf39us

I love sushi!

It's just kinda expensive... if I could afford it, I'd eat it everyday

Savior2006

Big fan of sushi. I really don't know anyone around where I live, Grand Blanc Michigan, who hates it, but I bet I could find a few if I tried. The whole "it has to be prepared raw" thing is a huge turnoff for people. I understand. I think we've all had food poisoning before (for me, it was actually a cruise ship's salmon that fucked me over and not the sushi at your given cheap buffet).
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

PickelledEggs

I love eating sushi and how it tastes.

I don't love that it takes me $40 worth of sushi to fill me up for a half hour and then I'm starving again.

Brian37

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I love eating sushi and how it tastes.

I don't love that it takes me $40 worth of sushi to fill me up for a half hour and then I'm starving again.

I hate how pricy it is. Very healthy. Sad that a junk food meal is cheaper than food that is healthy for you.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Plu

It's easier to produce food so unnatural and terrible that even bacteria won't touch it.

Colanth

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I don't love that it takes me $40 worth of sushi to fill me up
In both areas in which I've lived, Chinese buffets that offer sushi (and most do) don't charge extra for it, so you can stuff yourself pretty reasonably.  Not the best sushi there is, but some of them actually make some pretty good stuff.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Smartmarzipan

Love it. I love seafood. :)
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges