News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who here likes sushi?

Started by Brian37, March 19, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffhead

Quote from: "Brian37"I don't eat it much being dirt poor, but upon occasion it is one of my favorite styles of food.
why dirty poor,there is nothing wrong with being poor.

Hmm i have tried sushi few times but it depends where you buy it.
[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

Johan

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I've tried it.. yuck.. and anyone who likes stuff I don't like need to be publicly flogged daily and twice on Sundays.
I mean fair is fair...right? :P
Who flogs you? If I meet someone who honestly doesn't like it, I just figure that leaves more tuna for me. There are only so many tuna in the ocean after all.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

wolf39us

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteNo, people generally even if they have not tried a food have an idea of what it is going to taste like. It is not like fish isn't served other ways. But lets not get stuck on this particular food.

I've seen this proven wrong too often to still believe it. I managed to get my girlfriend to try sushi (although she wasn't opposed to the raw fish, which is fairly common in the netherlands, but to the sea-weed) and I've personally also had a bunch of things that I would've opposed until I tried them (like spinach, which is awesome except if boiled in water, but I only found out after I tried it non-boiled).

Some examples...

Can't stand salmon by itself, love the salmon roll
Zucchini is gross to me, love the bread though
I won't eat raw onions, love them sautéed though

Even if you've tried something in the past, how something is prepared goes a LONG way.

Colanth

I love sushi - unfortunately gout and a lot of sushi don't get along well.  I can still eat all the California roll I want.  And wasabi is healthy.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

hillbillyatheist

Brian as I said on your facebook page you'ld have to have me starving and sand paper my tongue to get me to eat that crap. LOL

I tried it. I don't dig it.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

C172

Quote from: "Brian37"I don't eat it much being dirt poor, but upon occasion it is one of my favorite styles of food.

I've actually never been to a real sushi place, even though I live 200 feet from one. I get mine at the local supermarket. And I love it, however inauthentic. I'm a fan of the California roll, especially, but can't stand, for instance, eel.

Brian37

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"[ Image ]

You got it, just like the NRA members, "YOU CAN PRY MY SUSHI FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"Brian as I said on your facebook page you'ld have to have me starving and sand paper my tongue to get me to eat that crap. LOL

I tried it. I don't dig it.

Right, like you'll ever get me to be a roadie at one of your concerts........FUCK..... Never mind.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mermaid

Not me. I hate it.

That was extreme sarcasm.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Jack89

Sushi's pretty good, but I really like sashimi.  Especially when dipped in wasabi mixed with a little soy sauce.

ApostateLois

Love it! Too bad it's so expensive

So the youtube tags don't work here?  :-k  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0aGcH7S ... D0B5660427
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

wolf39us

I need to work out bugs because of the sudden change... no worries

GalacticBusDriver

I love sushi...

as long as it's cooked. :-D

Seriously, I've tried it a few times and never cared much for it.
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

Shiranu

I ate at Genki's Sushi (one of the one's with the conveyor belt-style bar with assorted sushi and other food of that style coming around), where the plates were 2.00 to 4.50... I managed to rake up a $25 tab (on mostly $2.00 plates)... so yeah, I like Sushi :D.

I wish we had a good Sushi place here in Las Cruces... but being in the middle of the desert as opposed to the islands makes fresh fish much harder to come by.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur