News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who here likes sushi?

Started by Brian37, March 19, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I don't eat it much being dirt poor, but upon occasion it is one of my favorite styles of food.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Plu

Sushi is excellent :) It has become one of my favorite "lets dine expensive tonight" options.

WitchSabrina

One of my favorite meals =D>
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

AllPurposeAtheist

I like cooked food.. Raw fish? When I think of raw fish I picture my brother with his ex wife who also had the aroma a lot like raw fish and... OH THE HUMANITY! :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

BarkAtTheMoon

I've learned to eat it and enjoy some of it.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"I've learned to eat it and enjoy some of it.
My former sister-in-law? You poor bastard.. :shock:

Atheon

I absolutely loooooove sushi and sashimi. Mmm mmm good!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Brian37

Great, nice to know I am not the only one.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

The Skeletal Atheist

Sushi and sashimi are fucking awesome.

Does anyone else get a bit pissed when people outright reject an opportunity to try sushi or sashimi because "eww, that's raw fish man!"?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Brian37

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"Sushi and sashimi are fucking awesome.

Does anyone else get a bit pissed when people outright reject an opportunity to try sushi or sashimi because "eww, that's raw fish man!"?

No, people generally even if they have not tried a food have an idea of what it is going to taste like. It is not like fish isn't served other ways. But lets not get stuck on this particular food.

I really hate "you haven't tried it this way", well if I have had other forms of that food I do get tired of saying "yea I have tried it and no, I don't like it".

You like what you like, just like music. Just because you like something does not mean others will or should, it only means you like it.

I hate broccoli, other people like it, and neither would be wrong. I hate cooked carrots but don't mind them raw. It is a matter of taste.

Mathias

Sushi, sashimi, miso soup, gyoza and sunomono are delicious . Shimeji tastes like dirt ...
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

NitzWalsh

I like food, sushi has become one of my favourites. I had to find a good Japanese restaurant when I moved to this city I'm in, it was one of my priorities.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Plu

QuoteNo, people generally even if they have not tried a food have an idea of what it is going to taste like. It is not like fish isn't served other ways. But lets not get stuck on this particular food.

I've seen this proven wrong too often to still believe it. I managed to get my girlfriend to try sushi (although she wasn't opposed to the raw fish, which is fairly common in the netherlands, but to the sea-weed) and I've personally also had a bunch of things that I would've opposed until I tried them (like spinach, which is awesome except if boiled in water, but I only found out after I tried it non-boiled).

Johan

I get annoyed by people who have never tried sushi but claim its gross and act as though I'm weird for enjoying it. If you've never tried and have no desire to, fine. But don't look down your nose at me simply because I have tried it and it and decided that I liked it.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

I've tried it.. yuck.. and anyone who likes stuff I don't like need to be publicly flogged daily and twice on Sundays.
I mean fair is fair...right? :P