Gun Safety Instructor Shoots Pastor During Demonstration

Started by stromboli, December 16, 2015, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

There are alternatives to both ...

White guilt, self-hatred ...
White innocence, self-love

One can be non-White for instance.  And surely there is middle ground between self-hatred and self-love ... and even better, concern for others either equal to or superior to self concern.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jack89 on December 20, 2015, 11:29:44 AM
I think I understand where FaithIsFilth is coming from, and it's not the politically correct angle.  I comment on your jokes and derogatory remarks about rednecks, or old white men, etc, as well, because in context they seem a bit bias and therefore, hypocritical.  Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but I don't see you making jokes about other demographics very often.  And honestly, I'm tired of this white guilt, self-hatred bullshit.

My relatives invented the dumb hick stereotype. They're stupid, dangerous, and hateful.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jack89

Quote from: Baruch on December 20, 2015, 11:32:37 AM
There are alternatives to both ...

White guilt, self-hatred ...
White innocence, self-love

One can be non-White for instance.  And surely there is middle ground between self-hatred and self-love ... and even better, concern for others either equal to or superior to self concern.
I don't know what you mean by that.  Of course you can be non-white, and I wouldn't expect a non-white person to feel guilt or self-loathing about it.  It's a psychological disorder in my book, and just plain weak.  I'm sure there's a fancy name for it in the DSM-IV.

SGOS

People who aren't rednecks sometimes get labeled rednecks for some personal behavior they exhibit, and that would be unfair I suppose, except that... the rednecks I have known from 45 years of living in Montana, love being rednecks, and they work hard to cultivate the image.  Some work harder than others.  Some work hard at it but still don't make it into the elite category.  They're just regular people who want to be rednecks, but maybe they've got one bad liberal quirk in their nature that keeps them out of the in-group, or keeps getting them thrown out of the local bars and churches.   :biggrin: