Gun Safety Instructor Shoots Pastor During Demonstration

Started by stromboli, December 16, 2015, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: Jack89 on December 17, 2015, 07:06:37 PM
Why would you say that? 
Just commenting on what was said earlier in the thread. To wit:

Quote from: SGOS on December 17, 2015, 05:51:55 AM
This thread may not be for you, but many people will understand the irony of gun crazed rednecks shooting themselves when demonstrating how to handle guns safely.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Gawdzilla Sama

I live amongst gun-crazed rednecks. They've shot strangers for knocking on their door at 3 AM (car broke down) and shot their own family members for no apparent reason. I know the source of the stereotype and it's not far wrong.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 17, 2015, 07:35:45 AM
Why was that post made? To try to intimidate people into shutting up about topics you don't like?
Not at all. I want people to post what they think, no matter how offensive it may be seen. Getting offended is for sensitive bitches and I'm the last poster that's going to be telling people to shut up. I just think it's funny that some of you guys treat guns like the worst thing in the world... like gun control is the biggest issue that needs fixed, but then you go and get pleasure out of people you don't like getting shot, robbed, or killed in some cases. Are you sure you want guns banned? You wouldn't be able to get the level of joy you currently get out of people you don't like having bullet holes in their bodies. That really would be a shame. Where would you get your laughs then?

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Baruch on December 17, 2015, 07:08:45 AM
Adding ... some people like these stories ... because they are Darwin Awards.  And evolutionists of course dig that, even when the bones aren't fossilized.
Is this a Darwin Award, though? The instructor shot him. That wasn't the Pastor's fault. It's just simple human error. I understand laughing at Darwin Award winners/ world's dumbest criminals like Mike Brown who earned the bullet holes in their body, but laughing at someone who's been shot through no fault of their own? I guess if you go with the logic that a rape victim shouldn't have been dressed like a slut, then it would also make sense to say the Pastor is to blame for being shot because he shouldn't have loved guns so much. He earned the bullet holes in his body by loving guns, just like the rape victim earned her rape by loving dressing like a slut so much. When will sluts ever learn not to play with fire and start dressing more conservatively?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 18, 2015, 06:51:35 AM
Not at all. I want people to post what they think, no matter how offensive it may be seen. Getting offended is for sensitive bitches and I'm the last poster that's going to be telling people to shut up. I just think it's funny that some of you guys treat guns like the worst thing in the world... like gun control is the biggest issue that needs fixed, but then you go and get pleasure out of people you don't like getting shot, robbed, or killed in some cases. Are you sure you want guns banned? You wouldn't be able to get the level of joy you currently get out of people you don't like having bullet holes in their bodies. That really would be a shame. Where would you get your laughs then?
I've been an owner and a shooter since 1965.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2015, 07:16:42 AM
Hopefully a responsible one ;-)
I spent that summer earning a rifle. I cleaned guns for a retired Marine and his son, taking lessons in the process. After three months of that he gave me a rifle and taught me to shoot. I studied under him until 1969, when I left for the Navy. His training was strict and endlessly valuable when it came time for me to go shooting people for $247/month. I refer to him as "Gunny Miyagi" now.
PZ Myers

SGOS

some of you guys treat guns like the worst thing in the world... like gun control is the biggest issue that needs fixed, but then you go and get pleasure out of people you don't like getting shot, robbed, or killed in some cases. Are you sure you want guns banned? You wouldn't be able to get the level of joy you currently get out of people you don't like having bullet holes in their bodies. That really would be a shame. Where would you get your laughs then?

This sounds like hyperbole to me.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on December 18, 2015, 08:01:21 AM
This sounds like hyperbole to me.
Oh, Shirley a minor group's opinion is the opinion of the majority, why else would they be called a minority.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Grew up in rural Utah. My 10th year birthday gift was a used .22 rifle. I killed my first deer at 15 with a borrowed .270 bolt action. I have owned several guns over the years including an AR15 purchased with a thousand rounds of military ball ammo. I have killed deer and other critters (never for sport- I was hunting meat for my family) with a variety of weapons, including a .410 gauge shotgun (doves) a 12 gauge (pheasants, grouse) I've killed deer with a .270, 30-06, .308 (Browning BLR- fine fucking weapon) .54 caliber Thompson Center Hawken rifle that I made from a kit. I can also skin and butcher any animal I kill. As a Buckskinner I carried a Possibles bag made from the hide of a deer I killed.  I think I qualify as country.

Oh btw; I can also saddle a horse, muck out a stall (have done so) drive a tractor and pretty much any truck on the road. I think I can qualify as someone who knows the difference between rednecks, white trash, country gentlemen and so forth. Went to school with people that had sheep shit on their shoes from working at dawn on their farms before getting on the bus to come to school. And I mean that with no disrespect; finer people I have never met.

PS- I've also eaten squirrel and rattlesnake. Squirrel I can recommend. Rattlesnake tastes like rattlesnake.

Baruch

I thought every bush meat, including rattlesnake, tastes like chicken ;-)

Standing near an idiot with a gun ... or Dick Cheney with a gun ... targetor cave.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Getting offended is for sensitive bitches and I'm the last poster that's going to be telling people to shut up.

Right on! That's been pointed out before:

Quote from: Salman RushdieNobody has the right to not be offended. That right doesn't exist in any declaration I have ever read.
If you are offended it is your problem, and frankly lots of things offend lots of people.

Quote from: George CarlinA Reverend Donald Wildman in Mississippi heard something on the radio that he didn't like. Well, Reverend, did anyone ever tell you there are two KNOBS on the radio?
Two. Knobs. On the radio. Of course, I'm sure the reverend isn't that comfortable with anything that has two knobs on it.
But hey, reverend, there are two knobs on the radio! One of them turns the radio OFF, and the other one CHANGES THE STATION! Imagine that, reverend, you can actually change the station! It's called freedom of choice, and it's one of the principles this country was founded upon. Look it up in the library, reverend, if you have any of them left when you've finished burning all the books.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur