Gun Safety Instructor Shoots Pastor During Demonstration

Started by stromboli, December 16, 2015, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Rednecks are everywhere. Its an attitude, not a location.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on December 17, 2015, 11:53:20 AM
Russia, South Africa, Argentina, Japan, just to name a few places I've run into them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Same here. I've met a few Scots and Canadians that qualify.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on December 17, 2015, 12:12:55 PM
Same here. I've met a few Scots and Canadians that qualify.
And there's football hooligans.
PZ Myers

Jack89

Quote from: stromboli on December 17, 2015, 11:53:20 AM
So instead of a bias against poor white people from the southern U.S., it's against poor white people from around the world?  OK, got it.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jack89 on December 17, 2015, 12:54:49 PM
So instead of a bias against poor white people from the southern U.S., it's against poor white people from around the world?  OK, got it.
They don't have to be poor. Rich and stupidly self-involved works too. You're confusing "poor white trash" with "red necks."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 17, 2015, 01:27:43 PM
They don't have to be poor. Rich and stupidly self-involved works too. You're confusing "poor white trash" with "red necks."

Right. Not the same. Redneck is an attitude (listen to some Hank Williams; "A Country Boy Can Survive") Ted Nugent can be labeled white trash and redneck, but he sure isn't poor.

Jack89

Quote from: stromboli on December 17, 2015, 01:38:46 PM
Right. Not the same. Redneck is an attitude (listen to some Hank Williams; "A Country Boy Can Survive") Ted Nugent can be labeled white trash and redneck, but he sure isn't poor.
I think Google images portrays the stereotype best.  https://www.google.com/search?q=redneck&biw=1920&bih=947&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0-4v42-PJAhUM52MKHVTeDx4Q_AUIBigB 

The big difference between rednecks and white trash is that white trash have poor moral character.  Rednecks are just unsophisticated. 

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Johan

Quote from: Jack89 on December 17, 2015, 04:06:49 PMRednecks are just unsophisticated. 
And the only people capable of having a mishap with a gun apparently.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Jack89

Quote from: Johan on December 17, 2015, 06:44:48 PM
And the only people capable of having a mishap with a gun apparently.
Why would you say that? 

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Jack89 on December 17, 2015, 07:15:14 PM
My mistake. Guess I'm just unsophisticated :)

Well... that was an assumption on my part anyways. I could be dead wrong :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur