News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

An experiment

Started by trdsf, December 11, 2015, 09:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Johan on December 11, 2015, 11:07:49 PM
Ok not for nothing but I feel the need to speak up.

I get what you're saying when you say totally not the person you saw in your dream. I take you at your word and I accept that.

But I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that your first post involving your dream and your second post involving reality both clearly stated that you saw a dark haired woman who was solidly built and shorter than you.

Yep. I totally get the part where you clearly stated that each were totally different women. But the fact remains that of all the nearly infinite amount of words you could've chosen to describe either, you somehow managed to choose a very high percentage of the same words to describe both. So even though I'm generally the skeptic asshole in the crowd, I still have to ask (suggest)... coincidence????

I think Baruch has the most likely explanation.  I can assure you, despite broad similarities in height and hair color, had you seen both the doctor in my dream and my real world doctor, you would not confuse them even for a moment.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

I have experienced deja vu too.  But officially, your sensation is tying to things together that are not the same, because of an anomaly in your memory recall, a false association.  There is more than one level of functionality that can go wrong.  Also memory itself is notoriously bad.  It is not a video camera nor an audio tape.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.