Trump and Geert Wilders on muslim immigration

Started by baronvonrort, December 08, 2015, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baronvonrort

It sounds like Trump and Geert Wilders have similar ideas on muslim immigration, Wilders is an elected politician.

Mr Wilders was tried for hate speech, Wafa Sultan an ex muslim from Syria and possibly one of the greatest critics of Islam was a witness for him in that trial.

It sounds like Wafa approves of Mr Wilders in this interview on why she appeared as a witness for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2NGpIUe70

Shiranu

QuoteIt sounds like Trump and Geert Wilders have similar ideas on muslim immigration, Wilders is an elected politician.

Good to know Europe has it's crazies as well then...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

baronvonrort

I know you didn't watch that video of  shiranu, you prefer to listen to the bearded nutjobs who preach Islam over an ex muslim woman who lived under sharia law for 30 years.

Wafa praises Geert which would go against the narrative of Islam that leftists from the USA are trying to create.

Shiranu

Quote from: baronvonrort on December 08, 2015, 10:03:47 PM
I know you didn't watch that video of  shiranu, you prefer to listen to the bearded nutjobs who preach Islam over an ex muslim woman who lived under sharia law for 30 years.

Wafa praises Geert which would go against the narrative of Islam that leftists from the USA are trying to create.

Yes I didn't watch it; it's 29 minutes... I have a life believe it or not.

However... I am giving it a listen. Just for you.

Quote...the Qu'ran should be banned and people wearing head scarfs should be (texted? I think he is saying taxed) accordingly.

So... she agrees with book banning and taxing people for a different culture. We are off to a great start.

QuoteInterviewer: Why is this a bad thing?
Wafa: Because...you know... the way they behave against non-Muslims. They are brainwashed to believe that their mission on Earth is to take over... to convert people to Islam.

I work with Muslims. I have Muslim friends. I am surrounded by Muslims at school.

You know how many have tried to convert me? You know how many have knocked on my door trying to convert me?

Zero.

The average Muslim here doesn't give a shit about converting others anymore than the average Christian. If anything... far less... I have had plenty of Christians knock on my door asking if I have heard the good word. Pretty much only one has discussed anything Islam related with me... and that was during Ramadan and not so much Islam but the culture around the holiday. The majority I think don't bring up Islam because they realise it would be a shit storm when they did.

QuoteMuslims don't denounce Sharia law.

Too lazy to change text; just change "Spacebound" with "Muslims don't condemn radicals". Now she is just lying through her teeth.

QuoteWe are not fighting Muslims.

No... you just want to ban their holy text and force Muslims to pay special taxes. That isn't at all fighting Muslims.

QuoteI'm sure not all Muslims are dangerous but some are. I don't know what percentage are but there are

"I'm sure not all black people are gangsters or dangerous but some are. So therefor we should ban black culture and force them to pay special taxes."

"I'm sure not all Christians are radical or dangerous but some are. So therefor we should ban the Bible and force them to pay special taxes."

"I'm sure not all Jews are moneylenders destroying our economy but some are. So therefor we should throw them in ghettos and repossess their properties."

"I'm sure not all Communists are radical but some are. Therefor we should ban their works and keep them under constant surveillance."

Hmm. That doesn't sound as good when you put any group that isn't the en vogue boogieman in that context...

QuoteOn Mohammad marrying his wife when she was 9...

Yes... back when the rest of the world literally did the exact same thing regardless of religion or culture. And news flash; it's not an uncommon practice today. Our marriage systems are actually the anomaly... very few people in the world aren't married of for political or economic gain. Does Islam help this? Certainly not. But is it somehow special? Hardly.

Okay. She is boring me now.

Quote...possibly one of the greatest critics of Islam...

Ouch. Critics of Islam are going to really need to step their game up if this is the best they can field.

By the way... you are the one who compared Geert to Trump... so I am not entirely sure how I am suppose to view him other than a radical nutjob. That isn't a "leftist" view... not even a "centralist" view... there are shitloads of actual conservatives who think Trump is one of the most fucking insane people to walk the Earth.

So please... before you start your "Lefties are the bane of existence! THEY ARE DUMB IDIOTS STUPIDS WHO DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH!!!" that you inevitably start spouting off thread after thread... please dial your partisan hack knob down a few notches and realise thinking Trump (and therefor people who are compared to him) are complete fuck nuggets is hardly a "leftist" idea.

I have to ask; do you self identify as a fascist or do you like to give yourself a fancy label that is less "offensive"?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

baronvonrort

Quote from: Shiranu on December 08, 2015, 10:28:12 PM

I work with Muslims. I have Muslim friends. I am surrounded by Muslims at school.

You know how many have tried to convert me? You know how many have knocked on my door trying to convert me?

I work with Christians, I have Christian friends.

You know how many have tried to convert me? (zip zero zilch) You know how many have knocked on my door trying to convert me?(zip zero zilch)

I guess having Christian friends makes me an expert on Christianity and Christians despite the fact I have never read any Christian texts if I use your criteria for knowledge of religion

Shiranu

Quote from: baronvonrort on December 08, 2015, 11:26:08 PM
I work with Christians, I have Christian friends.

You know how many have tried to convert me? (zip zero zilch) You know how many have knocked on my door trying to convert me?(zip zero zilch)

I guess having Christian friends makes me an expert on Christianity and Christians despite the fact I have never read any Christian texts if I use your criteria for knowledge of religion

I'm not the one claiming all Christians are out to convert me.

pr126

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteYes I didn't watch it; it's 29 minutes... I have a life believe it or not.
That's why you have 20904 posts (7.342 per day) 

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on December 09, 2015, 01:19:18 AM
Shiranu wrote:That's why you have 20904 posts (7.342 per day) 

7 posts a day is about 2 minutes of my life... 6 if I am actually putting large responses. That's hardly 26 minute level.

I'll be fair actually... It's provably 5 to 10 minutes, plus another 5 reading. But the reading is 90% news related threads so... that's productive.

Baruch

Some of us post here ... and often ... because we believe that this site and the people who come here ... are important ;-)

Given the actual facts (aside from specific problems like immigration and economic collapse) ... now, and not just 200 years ago ... White Euro-American males are the most dangerous $%&%^ out there.  My feelings are mixed ... because of ethics.  Not because I am a race/ethnic/gender traitor.  I may be a criminal (even if some folks would count be a non-White) ... but I try to be an ethically concerned criminal.  If we don't dial this shit back ... then within a year the nukes will start falling.  And that would be a damn shame!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solomon Zorn

American Muslims are generally less religious than Muslims in other countries. But that doesn't mean that the religion, itself, isn't potentially a little more dangerous, when taken literally, than Christianity is currently proving to be.

That being said, I would never advocate the dumb shit that these un-American idiots want to do to remedy the situation. It only aggravates the problem, to try to strip a group of their basic First-Amendment rights, because of a few who take their religion to violent extremes. Political ideologies provoke violence in a few radicals as well, but we don't ban them, and we can't start talking about banning religions either.

The statistics are complex:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/07/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

"American Muslims are generally less religious than Muslims in other countries" ... American Muslims are mostly African-Americans, not Arabs.  Apple meet orange.  Most of the African-American Muslims came from Baptist congregations that were highly religious.  Makes sense they are trying to tone it down.

Most Americans are no smarter than some sponges ... most of them have no good reason to claim to be an American, given their ideology.  We should change the name of the country from some long dead Italian ... to Bat Shit Crazies.  Then maybe other people would steer clear of us ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: baronvonrort on December 08, 2015, 09:56:34 PM
It sounds like Trump and Geert Wilders have similar ideas on muslim immigration, Wilders is an elected politician.

Mr Wilders was tried for hate speech, Wafa Sultan an ex muslim from Syria and possibly one of the greatest critics of Islam was a witness for him in that trial.

It sounds like Wafa approves of Mr Wilders in this interview on why she appeared as a witness for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2NGpIUe70

The situation in Europe is totally different than in the US in regard to Islam and Muslims. In Europe, you have mosques that are being built by Saudi money, the imam in those mosques often preaches a radical form of Islam, and hence the potential for radicalization is 100 times what that can be in the US. Most Muslims in Europe have little intention to integrate with the host country. They want Sharia law, they believe that women are never equal to men, and homosexuality and atheism should be punished by death. This is not happening in the US, where immigrants of all stripes, including Muslims, join the melting pot.