News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Forum Existence?

Started by jjringu, March 19, 2013, 03:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjringu

Hi everybody!  Up until now I did not know forums like this existed!  Excited to meet other Atheists!  I'm Josh, Korean American, 23, and been Atheist for almost 10 years now.  Parents are very Christian (dad is a pastor), but my brother is Agnostic :).  I hope to get to know you guys!

Plu

Welcome aboard.

If you stick around you'll get to know us for sure ;)

NitzWalsh

Hello. Does your dad know you're an atheist?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

jjringu

Haha thanks everyone, feel welcomed already.  And no.  My parents think I'm Christian so I go to church every week.  I think my mom is assuming I'm losing faith in Christianity, which happened over 10 years ago.  I'm not sure how to approach it because I now if I told them things will not go well.  I'm waiting it out a few more years when I have a career to attack it.

Teaspoon Shallow

Welcome JJ.

Isn't it an odd world we live in when those who cannot accept supernatural claims are the odd ones out and feel guilty regarding informing family / friends about it.

You know your family, do what you have to do and be happy.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

mnmelt

Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

WitchSabrina

Hey welcome JJ.  Hope you're happy here.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mister Agenda

Hey, Josh, glad you found us!
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Weltfrieden

Greetings good sir. I wish you the best of luck upon your endeavor.

jjringu

Thanks everyone!  I can't wait to start posting :).  And yes I know what you mean..  When I became Atheist, I assumed for some reason there would be a lot more people that were Atheist, maybe at least 30% of America, but no.

Plu

Not in America, no. Move to Western Europe if you want 30%+ atheists :P

jjringu

Europe really?  Maybe I'll feel more comfortable there haha.  What's the Asian population like over there?  Not very familiar with the Europe population yet, hopefully I'll visit when I save up some money!

Plu

Depends on where you go. I'm from the Netherlands, we have quite a lot of immigrants (although more middle-eastern than asian) but there's plenty. Plus, it's varied enough that people generally don't care about where you're from, especially in the cities.

It's probably worth a visit. If only to visit the flattest country on earth  :P