Ye Greate US Mass Shooting thread

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, December 02, 2015, 06:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on January 05, 2016, 11:38:59 AM
Funny is that most left-wing members of this forum see me as right-wing. Go figure.

On another note, I don't see the gun issue in terms of left/right politics. I see it as a logical issue, which I will reiterate: if everyone around you owns a gun, you are more likely to want to own a gun (NRA propaganda is working very well in the US with this argument). Reverse that logic: if no one around you owns guns, then it is most likely that you will not seek to own a gun (that which the NRA doesn't want you to think).

If you aren't liberal when you are young, you have no heart.  If you aren't conservative when you are old, you have no brains ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 04, 2016, 07:57:28 AM
Actually, it says

"Overall, about a third of all Americans with children under 18 at home have a gun in their household, including  34% of families with children younger than 12. That’s nearly identical to the share of childless adults or those with older children who have a firearm at home."

It also says 1196 of 3243 of the adults surveyed said they or someone in their household had a gun. That's 36.8% which is technically a little closer to 2 in 5 than it is 1 in 3, but I said about 1 in 3...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 06, 2016, 07:58:25 AM
It also says 1196 of 3243 of the adults surveyed said they or someone in their household had a gun. That's 36.8% which is technically a little closer to 2 in 5 than it is 1 in 3, but I said about 1 in 3...

I know people that have gun safes. I also know people that have gun rooms. Pretty sure that 10-20 guns owned by one person tends to skew the numbers a bit. I'm more worried by the fact that there are probably a few hundred thousand if not a few million guns that are floating around nobody is counting or knows about.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 03, 2016, 08:35:15 AM
And here I am with my little .22 rifle in the corner wondering why I even have it. Thing's been collecting dust four the last five years, I think. Should probably take it apart and clean it one of these days.

Well certainly don't try to fire it until you do clean it! That could be really dangerous.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 06, 2016, 07:58:25 AM

Quote from: Edward Frenkel, Love and Math: The Heart of Hidden Realitya drunkard may not know which number is larger, 2/3 or 3/5, but he knows that 2 bottles of vodka for 3 people is better than 3 bottles of vodka for 5 people.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman