News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bad, very bad...

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 18, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarkAtTheMoon

I haven't watched any of it, though I caught a few minutes of the one about Samson and Delilah. Can't say I'm really surprised it sucks because a) the Bible is poor, inconsistent, and mostly boring even taken as fiction and b) it's just like every other Bible based movie or show, pure propoganda directed at mostly an already believer and gullible audience.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Jason78

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"mind-blowing misinterpretations

How could anyone misinterpret the bible?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Saw the 1rst 15min of the new series : The Bible, and it sucks. Terrible actors, terrible actor choice, wrong scenery, mind-blowing misinterpretations, etc... etc... This will make people who do not know our God laugh and curse us even more. Unless you're watching it for giggles, I suggest you do not watch that show.

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Weltfrieden

Quote from: "Jason78"How could anyone misinterpret the bible?
Apparently the word of God isn't as perfect as they claim.

Hydra009

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"b) it's just like every other Bible based movie or show, pure propoganda directed at mostly an already believer and gullible audience.
About that.  Basically, it's like that because that's what their audience wants.  A simple narrative with even simpler characters.  A clash of good and evil.  A "Christian" message.

You can't make a story like that and also make it a good story.

AxisMundi

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Saw the 1rst 15min of the new series : The Bible, and it sucks. Terrible actors, terrible actor choice, wrong scenery, mind-blowing misinterpretations, etc... etc... This will make people who do not know our God laugh and curse us even more. Unless you're watching it for giggles, I suggest you do not watch that show.

Your bible is the book that turned me away from your gods.

And considering that there are tens of thousands of different sects surrounding your bible, how si your interpretation any more valid than any other?

St Giordano Bruno

Don't worry I won't be watching it, even in 3D
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

ApostateLois

Haven't seen even one minute of it. I'm sure it's just another dumb Bible show for the masturbatory pleasure of Christians who can't otherwise get a hard-on.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "ApostateLois"Haven't seen even one minute of it. I'm sure it's just another dumb Bible show for the masturbatory pleasure of Christians who can't otherwise get a hard-on.

If it showed some of the more fun parts of the bible it would fuel more than just Christian masturbatory fantasies.

Naked Noah in a tent.
Lot and his daughters.
Sex slaves.
David's escapades.
Song of Solomon.

And that's just a few.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Krisyork2008

I like the part where that skinny freak with the wine dies.
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

seanfish

I'm not surprised that the TV show sucks. After all, it's based on a terrible novel.

St Giordano Bruno

What could one expect out of a series of movies based on a literary train wreck?
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"