News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bad, very bad...

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 18, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHIN KAIRI

Saw the 1rst 15min of the new series : The Bible, and it sucks. Terrible actors, terrible actor choice, wrong scenery, mind-blowing misinterpretations, etc... etc... This will make people who do not know our God laugh and curse us even more. Unless you're watching it for giggles, I suggest you do not watch that show.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

antediluvian

I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Agramon

Reminds me of a guy I knew at bible college - he used to go apeshit when people would use cartoony displays of Noah's ark instead of "the real version," as if that made the story so much more plausible.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Saw the 1rst 15min of the new series : The Bible, and it sucks. Terrible actors, terrible actor choice, wrong scenery, mind-blowing misinterpretations, etc... etc... This will make people who do not know our God laugh and curse us even more. Unless you're watching it for giggles, I suggest you do not watch that show.

Reading the bible already makes me laugh and curse you.

Are you upset because it doesn't have Lot's daughters getting him drunk and having sex with him?

I know, you're upset because it makes the bible look less violent and grotesque than it actually is.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

the_antithesis

They had miracles on the set but the miracle they really needed was for the show to be any good.

Agramon

Quote from: "the_antithesis"They had miracles on the set but the miracle they really needed was for the show to be any good.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Hydra009

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Saw the 1rst 15min of the new series : The Bible, and it sucks. Terrible actors, terrible actor choice, wrong scenery, mind-blowing misinterpretations, etc... etc... This will make people who do not know our God laugh and curse us even more. Unless you're watching it for giggles, I suggest you do not watch that show.
Soooo...let me get this straight:

It's not the Bible itself or the doctrines that form the worldviews of rank-and-file Christians or the misadventures of church leadership through millennia or televangelists or holy pedophiles or Christian "personalities" like Bananaman.

It's a crappy TV drama on what used to be called the History Channel that's making Christianity look bad.   :-k

(...even though we've already plumbed those depths long ago with Christianized programing like Bible Man and the Left Behind series)

Thumpalumpacus

If I ingest anything about religion, it's for giggles, don't worry.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Hydra009

I got my roomie to watch some of it.  We both got bored of it all pretty fast.  Then he said, "You know what'd be better than that?  Seeing this stuff from the other perspective - the Babylonian captivity from the Babylonian point of view or Jesus from the Roman point of view."  By golly, I think he has a point!   =D>

NitzWalsh

I've watched every episode of it so far... 4 more to go.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Weltfrieden

Is it a misinterpretation or does it just disagree with your own interpretation? I'm trying to one up you or anything. I'm genuinely curious as to what makes you think that your interpretation of scripture is any more accurate than someone else's. Interpretation of the bible is purely subjective and one can claim divine revelation just as much as the other. So there's no way to prove either of them false, or correct for that matter.

Brian37

Quote from: "Agramon"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"They had miracles on the set but the miracle they really needed was for the show to be any good.
[ Image ]

"I am not photo shopped. I have have an ancestor who hung out in a tree and made a bet with God. I can talk too".
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

I don't get television at all, so I can't speak to the quality of the program, but according to wikipedia:

QuoteThe first episode of the mini-series was seen by 13.1 million viewers, the largest cable television audience of 2013 to date.[5] The second installment continued "to deliver blockbuster ratings" for the network, attracting 10.8 million viewers.

So it does seem to be quite popular.  If I believed the stories in the Bible were true, and if I thought enough of TV programming to subscribe to cable, then just like you, I would probably at least watch the first episode.  But in the last few years, TV began to annoy me so much that I dumped the whole thing.  But passing the Bible off as honest history, is just one small example of the crap that television has become.

Fidel_Castronaut

This thread seemed interesting at first glance but then I realised it was started by a liar and a fraud so I thought, meh, here's a funny picture. Enjoy:

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

SHIN KAIRI

Exactly xDD
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."