20 Most Eerily Convincing Paranormal Videos on YouTube (Cracked.com)

Started by Mr_C, November 30, 2015, 12:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_C

Let's have some fun!  Who wants to debunk, discuss and/or try to explain some of these?  Some of these are obvious fakes and have already been debunked dozens of times, but others I had not seen before.  I think I remember reading about the last one having a natural explanation, but it's still creepy af.

From: http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1132_the-20-most-eerily-convincing-paranormal-videos-youtube/

For your convenience, I've hotlinked the gifs below.
[spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
"Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches?"
-Stephen Colbert

Baruch

I am afraid that .. any paranormal I don't experience myself ... is subject to video editing ;-)  But I accept anecdotal personal evidence from other people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

doorknob

if I were abducted by aliens I'd never come forward I'm already insane! I don't need that !

Same thing with ghosts It's something I'm skeptical about but I don't rule it completely out the same level I do god. I have seen a few things for myself but I don't really care to talk about it. I blame my insanity for it all. I was hallucinating I swear! Apparently so were other people though still doesn't mean anything.

do I think any of those videos are real? well they are really shitty quality so no probably all fakes.

peacewithoutgod

These are convincing...are you serious?

At such crap quality, even without tricks you can say a soldier appears to have an "invisibility cloak" because it's so fucking hard to see anything!

As for all the rest of these items, if they don't come down to technology the viewer is ignorant of, then it's the mere power of suggestion. Combine either with shit-quality video (the hoaxer's best buddy ever), and you've got yourself your very own tinfoil-helmet army!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Blackleaf

All of those videos can be explained by bad quality, editing, and hidden cuts. Now, one video that I find very convincing, and I know is actually legitimate because it was officially released to the public by the news, is the footage of Elisa Lam in the elevator. Shortly after, her body was found dead in the building's water tank, which was too high to reach, and had a lid that was heavy and was still closed shut.

I also have a few personal experiences. The first was about five years ago, when I woke up with sleep paralysis and heard a demonic voice talking to me, claiming my soul, and I saw my hand start to disappear. Sleep paralysis is a known phenomenon, although it is not completely understood. Although I wanted to believe that it was all in my head, part of me always wondered if I was being haunted.

So earlier this year, when I was home alone, I decided to try an experiment. I walked into the hallway and said, "Hello. Is anyone there?" I then started to have this feeling of uneasiness, and the source of my fear seemed to be coming from a specific room at the end of the hallway. I didn't want to get any closer. It felt like something bad would happen if I did. I could have simply shrugged this off as my impressionable mind getting the best of me, but then my cat started staring down the hallway, his body stiff and his ears moving around like he was listening closely for something.

Logically, this cat couldn't offer me much protection, especially from a ghost, but I felt safer exploring with another living thing beside me. So I nudged the cat forward. He was very reluctant to go, but did proceed with my constant encouragement. I had to carry him into the room to make him enter, and he was clearly uncomfortable, and kept looking around the room like he could see something moving around the ceiling. But I saw absolutely nothing.

I'm still unsure what to think. My mind could be playing tricks on me, but for my cat to also be acting afraid of this room at the same time that I get this pit of my stomach, I don't know how to explain that.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

All my ghosts have been ghost cats.  The experience of another animal is not equivalent to ours.  And we assume that our experience, being the top animal is more reliable.  But animals often know that earthquakes are coming.  I put it down to ... reality is simply more complicated than we are willing to admit ... and much of it is subjective, outside the purview of science.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.