who else is afraid donald trump will get elected?

Started by doorknob, November 29, 2015, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The anti-politician election ... Bernie/Donald national unity ticket?  The Donald would make a good VP ... maybe find a good toupee in Cheney's man sized safe.  And Bernie can play the adult.

Bernie as VP under Clinton ... he would be as marginalized as Clinton's VP ... what's his name?  Hillary will follow the Wall Street script given her ... like the Young Republican she actually is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

I don't have a lot of faith in the American public, but I can't envision any scenario that gets Donald Trump elected that doesn't involve Lyndon LaRouche being the Democratic nominee.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: doorknob on November 29, 2015, 10:37:14 PM
I know so many dumbasses ready to vote for him. I think our country is headed down a dark road indeed.
I have a place picked out in Queensland.

However, I believe in the old saying, "There may not be anyone in an election to vote FOR, but there is always someone to vote AGAINST."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

The fact that this is even a question is terrifying to me. The president can only be as good as the people that vote for him. If this is the kind of people we have in this country that would vote for him it shows how far we have gone down as a species and in our humanity and compassion and decency. We are doomed no matter who gets in, because money talks, and so does bull shit now. We are being manipulated by powerful people and organized criminals who worship money and power, and could care less for the working men and women they exploit. This has happened to every country in the past when the rich and powerful follow selfish desires and destroy their country and the people beneath them.  :sad:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on December 01, 2015, 12:06:30 PM
I don't have a lot of faith in the American public, but I can't envision any scenario that gets Donald Trump elected that doesn't involve Lyndon LaRouche being the Democratic nominee.

LaRouche has been an interesting nut case.  Reminds me of Carson.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solitary on December 01, 2015, 01:15:47 PM
The fact that this is even a question is terrifying to me. The president can only be as good as the people that vote for him. If this is the kind of people we have in this country that would vote for him it shows how far we have gone down as a species and in our humanity and compassion and decency. We are doomed no matter who gets in, because money talks, and so does bull shit now. We are being manipulated by powerful people and organized criminals who worship money and power, and could care less for the working men and women they exploit. This has happened to every country in the past when the rich and powerful follow selfish desires and destroy their country and the people beneath them.  :sad:

Go long ... Medici and Borgias.  Republican values started in Renaissance Italy.  Capiche?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Youssuf Ramadan

Being British, it worries me too. Inevitably, our politicians will want to ride on his coat-tails into whichever interminable conflict will make them and their friends the most money.

Baruch

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on December 02, 2015, 05:45:56 AM
Being British, it worries me too. Inevitably, our politicians will want to ride on his coat-tails into whichever interminable conflict will make them and their friends the most money.

Now if we could just get the UN to encourage all international disputes be settled by team paintball tournaments ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

I shake my head in shame every time I look at the title of this thread. I've never claimed to be good at spelling guys and my apologies!

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 30, 2015, 06:02:35 PM
Nah. Trump is Hermann Cain. I think it will be Rubio vs Clinton with Rubio taking it.

Rubio winning is arguably worse than Trump.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

SGOS

He might get elected.  I'm not good at this sort of second guessing.  Either way, except for Bernie Sanders, I'm not impressed with any of the candidates.  Even if by some fluke, Sanders was elected, he wouldn't be able to get much done.  But take heart, the president rarely gets what he wants due to the checks and balances.  Trump is a jerk, but we've had jerks in the office before.  The country doesn't seem to mind that too much.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: SGOS on December 02, 2015, 10:37:41 AM
He might get elected.  I'm not good at this sort of second guessing.  Either way, except for Bernie Sanders, I'm not impressed with any of the candidates.  Even if by some fluke, Sanders was elected, he wouldn't be able to get much done.  But take heart, the president rarely gets what he wants due to the checks and balances.  Trump is a jerk, but we've had jerks in the office before.  The country doesn't seem to mind that too much.
Hmmm...I'd like to agree with you on that, except that our country made the worst mistakes of its history. We lost thousands of our own in a pointless war to remove our own pet dictator from Iraq, who was the only dude who maintained stability in the region. On account of Gerk W. Bush, now there's ISIS. Which is why I consider the possibility of another jerk, much less an even bigger one something to be very concerned about at best.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

SGOS

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on December 02, 2015, 10:46:29 AM
Hmmm...I'd like to agree with you on that, except that our country made the worst mistakes of its history. We lost thousands of our own in a pointless war to remove our own pet dictator from Iraq, who was the only dude who maintained stability in the region. On account of Gerk W. Bush, now there's ISIS. Which is why I consider the possibility of another jerk, much less an even bigger one something to be very concerned about at best.

I don't disagree at all.  And I didn't mean to sound like we shouldn't be concerned.  We should be concerned.

widdershins

Let's not forget that it only takes a majority of votes to elect a Democrat, thanks to election gerrymandering.  Republican presidential winners rarely have the majority.  So it is a real possibility.  Even my more intelligent friends are drinking the Republican Kool-Aid these days.  Learning about politics is hard.  Fortunately Faux "We're Calling This Shit" News condenses it down for them into a few scary sound bites ending with "They're commin' fer yer guns!", which they very much should, but never really will.
This sentence is a lie...