who else is afraid donald trump will get elected?

Started by doorknob, November 29, 2015, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

I know so many dumbasses ready to vote for him. I think our country is headed down a dark road indeed.

PickelledEggs

If he is, I'm looking to flee the country. I don't know if he is actually going to make it. I give the country here too much credit as a whole to let him be elected.... but on the offchance that he is. Canada, here I come.

Shiranu

I think he has a snowballs chance in hell... or less. He is like Ron Paul at this point of the season a few elections back; yes he was topping in these early polls... but once the actual "regular" voters start getting involved the more central candidates will pull ahead.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Look at things multi-culturally ...

Politics is Kabuki ... and elections are Bunraku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidE2SSDczw
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Nah. Trump is Hermann Cain. I think it will be Rubio vs Clinton with Rubio taking it.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

peacewithoutgod

I believe most Americans who keep Trump ahead in the polls now find his xenophobic rants gratifying, but they aren't dumb enough to vote for him as their commander-in-chief and chief diplomat.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

doorknob

dis agree

my whole family intends to vote for him. Every one I talk to around here plans to vote for him and yes they are that dumb!

Mermaid

Quote from: doorknob on November 30, 2015, 07:06:16 PM
dis agree

my whole family intends to vote for him. Every one I talk to around here plans to vote for him and yes they are that dumb!
Yyyeeeah. This scares the shit out of me.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

doorknob

Yeah it scares me to no end.

I'm poor and I'm already struggling to get by. I can't work due to having a disability that is pretty severe. No one can see my disability though because it's mental so more than once I've been told I don't have a real disability and I'm using the system. So I guess it'll be nothing but a huge fuck you to all the poor people out there. And if you can't work then double fuck you!

I look forward to being homeless again. I guess it's laundromats and coffee shops in my future. Luckily I have a car for now.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: doorknob on November 30, 2015, 07:37:01 PM
Yeah it scares me to no end.

I'm poor and I'm already struggling to get by. I can't work due to having a disability that is pretty severe. No one can see my disability though because it's mental so more than once I've been told I don't have a real disability and I'm using the system. So I guess it'll be nothing but a huge fuck you to all the poor people out there. And if you can't work then double fuck you!

I look forward to being homeless again. I guess it's laundromats and coffee shops in my future. Luckily I have a car for now.

I'm in that boat too - struggling to hang onto my cramped and dumpy house which the bank robbers (the banks, not the fools who think they can rob those anti-social but legally protected thugs) gouge me for more each year while I only have less, now seriously doubting that I'll get through the last 10 years of my mortgage.

If Trump makes it to the White House, maybe we can organize and lead the blacks in a militia, or maybe Britain will be interested in taking her colonies back. They can tax tea here all they want to, so long as they leave my coffee alone.

But I still doubt the election will go that way for Trump.

• People rarely do what they say they will when it comes to how they will vote.
  • Trump has been trailing Rubio, and if he surged ahead again since earlier last week, he will drop further behind when he falls again (it's like the drowning process).
  • If Trump surges ahead again and holds it for awhile, there's still several months for all the red-voting chatterheads to change their minds, and all of 11 months until the final contest.

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Johan

He is our best hope. He has established himself as someone who won't play by any rule book other than his own. Therefore he will not get the Republican nomination. Which means he MAY end up running as an independent. Which will effectively split the vote and allow whoever the Democrats pick to easily walk away with the election. He is, our best hope.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

TrueStory

Quote from: Johan on November 30, 2015, 08:25:52 PM
He is our best hope. He has established himself as someone who won't play by any rule book other than his own. Therefore he will not get the Republican nomination. Which means he MAY end up running as an independent. Which will effectively split the vote and allow whoever the Democrats pick to easily walk away with the election. He is, our best hope.

I've been saying this all along, although it would be interesting if Bernie ran as an independent as well.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: TrueStory on November 30, 2015, 08:35:58 PM
I've been saying this all along, although it would be interesting if Bernie ran as an independent as well.
I think it was some wit on SNL who predicted Bernie would be Hillary's vice president (after she takes the nomination). She scored that way with Obama after running against him, so it would be a smooth move on her part. But I'm not sure how cohesively they could work together on their pet issues.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 30, 2015, 06:02:35 PM
Nah. Trump is Hermann Cain. I think it will be Rubio vs Clinton with Rubio taking it.

You can bet anyone like Rubio or Cruz, who is Cuban ancestry, has been vetted by the CIA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.