News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My Film Project

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, April 10, 2015, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Alright, I've actually got it going.

So, I have a cast.  I spent the last two months getting people to sign on to it.  I'm spending the rest of this month creating a schedule and recruiting a technical crew.  The fact that I have a 501(c)3 charity theater group backing me up has been a tremendous help in getting the word out to interested parties.

"Nell of the Null Zone" is a science-fiction action-adventure set in the desert in northern Los Angeles County, an area known as the Antelope Valley.  Eleanor "Nell" Rothbard is an extraordinary teenage girl who has to save the world from an alien menace, aided only by her best friend Robert Justiniano and her father Lysander Rothbard.  It is set in the Doctor Who universe so this qualifies as a fan fiction.

We will begin filming in May and run through the summer.

Donations are still accepted.  I still have the Go Fund Me,  but I would prefer donors use the paypal account of AVThespians@gmail.com, and all donations are tax deductible since this is being done through Antelope Valley Thespians.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

aitm

ima gonna send you a pic of my wanger……it may come in handy if you need a pic of a giant fucking python….yer welcome.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

jes kidding.. good luck Jason…make millions so you can taunt us.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Aroura33

That's really cool Jason!  I wish I could make a donation. :( 
I'm not a big Doctor Who fan, but that is only from lack of exposure.  I keep meaning to try it out, and I never have. I know, what kind of lame can't even be a nerd properly person am I?  lol

If you get it to DVD, I'll buy a copy. :)
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Jason Harvestdancer

When I'm done I'm actually putting it on Youtube.  No charge.

Because it is fanfic in a BBC owned universe, and because my idea is being produced by a 501(c)3 charity, I'm not allowed to make a financial profit off of it.

However, being part of the Doctor Who universe is a profit.  And then maybe, just maybe, the BBC will see the film and say "You know, that would make a great TV series."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Solomon Zorn

I used to dream of being a movie special-effects artist. I read everything published about it when I was 11-14 years old. Had a subscription to Cinemagic. Kudos on actually doing something with your dream.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason Harvestdancer

To tell you the truth, it was this article that made me get off my ass and turn my dream into a reality.

Just be wary watching the video on the second page.

Savior2006

Shit, I needed to listen to this. I'm trying to publish a book right now and have its sequels in storage for the most part.
It's as Thad Beamont said to his evil twin Georg Stark said in the Dark Half movie. "The only way to do it...is to do it."
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Jason Harvestdancer

We're nearly done.  And the GoFundMe in my signature, we're trying to raise $1000.  We've raised $600, but we need the last $400.

I need to pay location fees and insurance.  I really can't do more without help.  I've personally invested over $2000 in this.  It is plot driven, and I'm doing as much as I can on the cheap.

Donations are tax deductible, this is being produced by a 501(c)3 community theater organization.