Democracy, don't like it and think it is stupid

Started by CloneKai, November 28, 2015, 07:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Quote from: CloneKai on November 28, 2015, 07:38:33 PM
even better news, i am marrying my cousin.
and nothing stoping me
fuck you westerners

actually it is perfectly ok to marry a second cousin as scientifically we are all as related to each other as second cousins. AKA there is enough genetic difference between second cousins that it is safe to marry. First cousins not so sure about but hey I'm not one to judge.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: CloneKai on November 28, 2015, 07:38:33 PM
even better news, i am marrying my cousin.
and nothing stoping me
fuck you westerners
Joke's on you! I'm already married to her!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solomon Zorn

People, don't like them and think their stupid!

But dogs don't speak, so I guess they're all we've got...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on November 30, 2015, 02:45:21 PM
People, don't like them and think their stupid!

But dogs don't speak, so I guess they're all we've got...
I love dogs, but can't afford one!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 30, 2015, 08:26:31 PM
I love dogs, but can't afford one!
I can afford one, but I don't think I could properly care for it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mauricio

Baruch

A little more distant than 2nd cousins ...

After 200 years, you have 1024 ancestors, after 400 years, you have one million ancestors, after 600 years, you have one billion ancestors ... more than the total human population of 1415 ... so we are double counting at that point, cousins definitely marrying cousins.  Anyone alive today is distantly related to a minimum of royalty.  In the first century CE, every Jew was related to King David (we can thank his sexual interests and that of his son Solomon) ... because that was way over the number of Jews in just 1000 years after King David.  So that means I am descended from King David too, same as Jesus and Paul.  Some of my ancestry I can trace back almost 2000 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on November 28, 2015, 10:30:04 PM
as technology improves , no system of government is "safe" from being stolen. i truly think the next great revolution is going to happen in the US, and it won't be pretty.
With all the rioting going on in our streets, I think it's already beginning. Don't think the mobs will get less violent before they get bigger and nastier, and I can only hope they will organize behind a group which actually understands what it is in our present Constitution which is worth preserving and fighting for.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

TomFoolery

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on December 01, 2015, 03:06:41 PM
With all the rioting going on in our streets, I think it's already beginning. Don't think the mobs will get less violent before they get bigger and nastier, and I can only hope they will organize behind a group which actually understands what it is in our present Constitution which is worth preserving and fighting for.

People riot all the time. If you're human and disgruntled about anything from the color of your skin to who lost the World Series, it's just what you do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

It just seems like it's more prevalent because of the 24 hour news cycle and social media.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Mermaid

You think democracy is stupid? Or do you think what passes for democracy in the USA is stupid? These are not the same thing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

CloneKai

Quote from: Mermaid on December 01, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
You think democracy is stupid? Or do you think what passes for democracy in the USA is stupid? These are not the same thing.
Both.
All people having equal vote is something that i have problem with. there are people who are interested in politics and others who are not (thus not equally aware), their vote shouldn't be equal. and then we have smart people and dumb people, they shouldn't have equal vote either. and then there are poeple who believe in fairy tales.

and sometimes sacrifices have to be made by the voting population for something that might benefit their grandchildren. i don't think democracy delivers very well then either.

politician can make whatever decisions they want, and still won't get punished for it. so its simply easier to gain money or votes or whatever rather than try do something that will benefit people.

CloneKai

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on November 30, 2015, 01:47:02 PM
Joke's on you! I'm already married to her!

Ah i was too drunk to notice

now i can go back to searching for 4 hot bisexual Pakistani girls who love each other and wants to live the rest of their lives together.
The four wifes, muslims are allowed to have, are all allowed to sleep in the same bedroom, right?  :angel:

TomFoolery

Quote from: CloneKai on December 01, 2015, 06:40:29 PM
Both.
All people having equal vote is something that i have problem with. there are people who are interested in politics and others who are not (thus not equally aware), their vote shouldn't be equal. and then we have smart people and dumb people, they shouldn't have equal vote either. and then there are poeple who believe in fairy tales.

You can still have an effective democracy without universal suffrage. There are political theories that assert democracy would be better off by taking voting away from people who don't want it or requiring people to earn their vote. My opinions on that differ, but it still seems like your problem has more to do with the way modern society executes democracy, and not democracy itself.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

As everyone knows, originally not every adult citizen could vote in the US.  It was designed that way, not for universal suffrage.  But then again ... it was designed for a society made up of 90% farmers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

CloneKai

Quote from: TomFoolery on December 01, 2015, 06:56:52 PM
You can still have an effective democracy without universal suffrage. There are political theories that assert democracy would be better off by taking voting away from people who don't want it or requiring people to earn their vote. My opinions on that differ, but it still seems like your problem has more to do with the way modern society executes democracy, and not democracy itself.
possible, i don't read that much.
but yeah, i have a problem with 'the way modern society executes democracy'.