News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Concerts

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, March 18, 2013, 03:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

So I saw KMFDM last night and HOLY SHIT it was amazing.

First off, there were 2 bands playing before KMFDM.

The first band, Chant, was some kind of industrial drum group...think Combichrist without any guitars, only drums. They were good enough, but didn't really stand out in my opinion. The main thing that struck me about them was that they were impressive for a 2 man group.

The second band to play, Legion Within, was fucking incredible; I'm definitely a fan of them now. The band was perfect as a unit, and they played their hearts out even though they just drove all the way from Seattle to Atlanta. The front man for the band was charismatic and energetic, and engaged the crowd pretty well.

After the first 2 bands got the crowd warmed up KMFDM came on and fucking rocked the place! They started off with "DIY", a fan favorite, and after that the hits kept coming - old with new. I was especially excited when they played "Son of a Gun". Also enjoyable were "Tohuvabohu", "Free Your Hate", "World War 3", "Megalomaniac", "A Drug Against War", and "Anarchy" - Which the lead singer of Legion Within joined KMFDM on stage to perform.

After the show I hung around a bit and got to converse and talk with the bands, they're all really pleasant people.

...and now we depart from my rave and come to the point of this thread: Talk about concerts you've been to, and why you enjoyed/hated them.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Jmpty

I have seen alot of good shows, but seeing Rush, in about 1977, 0r '78, Farewell to kings tour, was by far the most awesome concert I ever experienced. The album hadn't been released, so these were all new songs to me. Cygnus X-1 live blew me away. Of course, it helped that I was tripping my brains out.  [-(
???  ??

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Jmpty"I have seen alot of good shows, but seeing Rush, in about 1977, 0r '78, Farewell to kings tour, was by far the most awesome concert I ever experienced. The album hadn't been released, so these were all new songs to me. Cygnus X-1 live blew me away. Of course, it helped that I was tripping my brains out.  [-(

Rush is the greatest band in the world.

One of the last shows I went to was DOA, glad I saw them because they called it quits so Joey Shithead can run for political office.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"Rush is the greatest band in the world.

Amen to that.  I'm insanely jealous of anyone who's seen them. I've not managed it yet - I'd have loved to have seen them around the Power Windows, Grace Under Pressure, Moving Pictures era.

I saw Saxon for the second time a couple of months back.  Great gig from the old fellas!  Not many bands travel down to where I'm at.

wolf39us

I've been to more concerts than I can list!  Let me try...

Van Halen (3 Times)
Metallica (3 Times)
Aerosmith (3 Times)
Styx
Kansas
Tran Siberian Orchestra (8 times)
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Dave Matthews Band
Def Leppard
Angela (Japanese Singer)
Genesis
Godsmack
Bullet For My Valentine
Kill Switch Engage
Ozzy Osbourne (3 Times)
AWOL Nation
Tiesto
Kenny Chesney
Troy Aikens
Billy Joel

Various no-name bands at Toads Place New Haven, CT

I've been to a ton more, but I can't remember all of em!

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "wolf39us"I've been to more concerts than I can list!  Let me try...

Van Halen (3 Times)
Metallica (3 Times)
Aerosmith (3 Times)
Styx
Kansas
Tran Siberian Orchestra (8 times)
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Dave Matthews Band
Def Leppard
Angela (Japanese Singer)
Genesis
Godsmack
Bullet For My Valentine
Kill Switch Engage
Ozzy Osbourne (3 Times)
AWOL Nation
Tiesto
Kenny Chesney
Troy Aikens
Billy Joel

Various no-name bands at Toads Place New Haven, CT

I've been to a ton more, but I can't remember all of em!

Bloody hell! That's quite an impressive list!

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
Quote from: "Jmpty"I have seen alot of good shows, but seeing Rush, in about 1977, 0r '78, Farewell to kings tour, was by far the most awesome concert I ever experienced. The album hadn't been released, so these were all new songs to me. Cygnus X-1 live blew me away. Of course, it helped that I was tripping my brains out.  [-(

Rush is the greatest band in the world.

One of the last shows I went to was DOA, glad I saw them because they called it quits so Joey Shithead can run for political office.

The Rick Copeland was unaware DOA broke up. That's too bad as they are a great band and a great live act. True story (seriously): About ten years ago The Rick Copeland was in the store buying some beer when who was behind him buying some beer as well? Joey Shithead. The Rick Copeland asked him if that's who he was and Shithead confirmed it was him and they were set to go on stage at a Salt Lake club in a few hours. The Rick Copeland missed the show; he was unaware DOA were even coming. But he has seen them enough times to know their studliness...

NoMeansNo are great as well...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

rickcopeland648

Did you get a souvenir kimono?
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

Jmpty

Quote from: "rickcopeland648"

Did you get a souvenir kimono?

If only. I'd be wearing it right now.
???  ??

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Bloody hell! That's quite an impressive list!

That ain't fucking shit.  Of course I'm an old man, relatively speaking, I'm 52.  I can't really count how many concerts I've been to, but, my first "major" concert was Styx Pieces of Eight tour around 1978.  Since then, I've attended probably an average of 10 shows a year, for around 300 concerts.

I copied from the earlier list just to have something to start with.  Then I will add what I can remember, but, I won't be able to remember any where near them all.

Van Halen (3 Times) Early with DLR, then with Sammy, then the last tour back with DLR
AC/DC (with Bon Scott Highway to Hell, plus Brian Johnson Back In Black tours)
Rush - twice
Metallica
Aerosmith
Styx
Tran Siberian Orchestra
Def Leppard
Genesis
Peter Gabriel post Genesis
Phil Collins post Genesis
Billy Joel
U2 - about 7 times since the War tour
Police - 3 times
Rush - twice
Heart - around 5 times
Rammstein
Supertramp - 4 times
Yes - twice
Pat Benatar
Boston
Moody Blues
Stevie Ray Vaughn
John Mellencamp - around 5 times
John Fogerty - twice
Depeche Mode
Cranberries - twice
Pink Floyd - twice
Roger Waters - twice
Dire Straights - 3 times
No Doubt
Garbage - 3 times
Blue Oyster Cult - twice
Black Sabbath with Dio during original Heaven and Hell tour
Alice Cooper
Robert Plant solo
Robert Plant/Jimmy Page quasi Zep tour

And now for something completely different from the rest of this list:
Alison Kraus & Union Station (Hey, HBA, something for you!)

Seriously, the list needs to be around twice as long or more to cover everybody I've seen.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

rickcopeland648

Alice Cooper back what that was the name of the band or after it was just Vinny Furnier?

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "rickcopeland648"Alice Cooper back what that was the name of the band or after it was just Vinny Furnier?

Its been a long time, but not that long.  There was an outdoor stadium show in Houston with Black Sabbath (Dio), Blue Oyster Cult and Alice Cooper.  Since Cooper was an opening act, I'm sure it wasn't his best show.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

caseagainstfaith

Just a handful more that come to mind:

Pretenders - three times
Rolling Stones - Three times
The Who - three times (all post death of Keith Moon)
Beach Boys.

Shiranu

Rise Against and Bad Religion at Stubb's was probably the coolest line-up I have been to. Bad Religion was fucking amazing, and there is no need to even say how good Rise Against was.

The latest concert I went to was a Tegan and Sara + The Black Keys concert. Tegan and Sara... could have been much better, I was let down by this. At the time, I didn't know The Black Keys outside of one song from FIFA, and I didn't recognize the name.

Hands down the best concert I have ever been to. The atmosphere was absolutely insane, the music sounded even better than it does on the albums... everything about this concert was insane. And for the encore, as the entire stadium is chanting their name, a giant disco ball slowly rises from behind the stage, and as it gets higher and higher the crowd gets louder and louder. Then "Tighten Up" plays, and everyone loses it.

It was a good day.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

rickcopeland648

Is Rise Against the band with the singer dude who's gettining the sex change or is that Against Me!? Or is it Rise Against Me!?