Muslim walking to the mosque followed by an armed protester

Started by josephpalazzo, November 25, 2015, 11:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Same happened here in Texas; they were on their way to mosque to find a line of men with masks, guns and body armour surrounding the place.

But that isn't terrorism, dontcha know?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 25, 2015, 12:52:56 PM
Gotta be careful with them homicidal Islamophobes.

Or maybe you should fear Americans, much more than unarmed women in hijab!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Solitary

From what I've been reading and what My older son said to me today, I'm more afraid of the police. He made a wrong turn in Chicago and turned around in a parking lot to go back and was stopped and arrested with guns drawn and fined $200 because he made a u turn in the parking lot. He said if he had been black, the way they were acting and questioned, he would have been shot. I just saw a video of a young man walking down the street and he was around 16 feet away and he got shot multiple shots and was just walking. the police said he pulled a knife on them. I never saw any knife, and the police off his family a lot of money before they even sued the police department. The police are way out of control in this country.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Youssuf Ramadan

The title sounded like the beginning of a joke. I am disappoint   :confuse:

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on November 25, 2015, 12:52:56 PM
Gotta be careful with them homicidal Islamophobes.

That silent acceptance and making justifications of terrorism doe. You sure you aren't a Muslim?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Life would be simpler if bigotry and violence were limited to easily identified kinds of people ... but these are universal traits.  The most bigoted are probably those who talk most anti-bigot and the most violent are those who talk most anti-violence ... kind of like all those anti-gay preachers who are found doing things in men's toilets ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on November 25, 2015, 08:44:12 PM
Who am I supposed to be afraid of here?  :eh:

Don't be afraid of anyone.  But if you are afraid of an unarmed women ... then you need therapy, not a kalashnikov.  I am not afraid of the POS who is carrying the gun either ... but if I got him out behind a trash dumpster on a dark night ... he might lose his weapon.  Psychos need to be locked up, even if they are voters.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Baruch

Just more "Christians" carrying out their Left Behind fantasies?  Apocalypse isn't just for Muslims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

That could be one of my cousins. Many of them are Kluxers and/or Oath Keepers. Hyperchristians, hyperpatriots, hyperassholes.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 27, 2015, 08:18:52 AM
That could be one of my cousins. Many of them are Kluxers and/or Oath Keepers. Hyperchristians, hyperpatriots, hyperassholes.

It is so hard to retain objectivity.  I know people at work like this too.  Dems good people if you actually know them!  Just because one might dislike someone, that doesn't mean the person you dislike is bad.  Unless you are actually in the commission of violence, I won't judge people.  And if one is actually in the commission of violence, I want you subdued by the police ... I still won't judge you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.