Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Satan

Started by WitchSabrina, March 18, 2013, 03:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... d%3D285321

'The Bible': Satan Actor Looks Like Obama In History Channel Miniseries

Quote"The Bible" has been an incredibly successful miniseries for the History channel, so it's no wonder viewers took to the internet after noticing that the actor cast in the role of Satan looks quite a bit like President Barack Obama........
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

widdershins

Surprise, surprise, the devil is a black guy.  The GOP must be eating this series up.
This sentence is a lie...

Mathias

I'm graduated in history and sometimes I want to sue this channel for defamation!

It should be called "twilight zone channel"!!
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Seabear

I've seen previews. I love how the producer cast his wife, Roma Downey Jr., as Mary. No hubris at work there.

Touched By An Angel, my ass. More like touched by a plastic surgeon.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Plu

Heh. Interesting how most of the other guys are white. Talk about "somewhat inaccurate".

WitchSabrina

:rollin:

you guys are great!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

NitzWalsh

I've been watching this garbage. I like how they gloss over stuff. I wanted to see the sex scene with Lot and his daughters. And Israel taking all the little girls as sex slaves.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

stromboli

This is not history. It amounts to proselytizing. The producers of the history channel should be ashamed.

kilodelta

I thought Satan was supposed to be really attractive...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "kilodelta"I thought Satan was supposed to be really attractive...

They shoulda had Morgan Freeman play him. He makes everything better.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

stromboli

This might make you gag
http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/18/the-bible ... ist-devil/

QuoteThere's a swirl that the devil character in "The Bible" TV show is a thinly veiled President Obama ... and Mark Burnett tells TMZ, it's all the devil's doing ...THE REAL DEVIL.

Burnett -- a deeply religious man -- tells TMZ ... he believes there is a devil on earth.  Burnett says the devil has stirred the pot and created a false likeness between Obama and the TV devil.

Why, you ask, would the real devil care about a TV show?  Fact is ... the show is HUGELY popular and is having a big impact on viewers.  Burnett notes the show last night featured a face-to-face meeting between Jesus and the devil ... BUT it's not the first time the TV devil has appeared on the show.  The TV devil appeared in the Garden of Eden scene awhile back and no one said anything.

Burnett believes the real devil is scared that Jesus has now entered the picture and is trying to distract from Jesus' message by creating a false story.

Burnett says, "What could be more annoying to Satan than talking about Jesus?"  

Burnett is confident the real devil's plan of distraction will not work, saying, "We believe in the light."

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Poison Tree

I really don't think that guy looks like Obama. I guess they are both dark skinned and have two eyes, a chin, nose and mouth. Other than that, I don't see it.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

FrankDK

> Surprise, surprise, the devil is a black guy. The GOP must be eating this series up.

And Jack the Ripper was in fact... the Loch Ness Monster.

They're as accurate about God as they are about UFOs, Big Foot, and ancient astronauts.

Frank

widdershins

Quote from: "stromboli"This is not history. It amounts to proselytizing. The producers of the history channel should be ashamed.
They're known as "The Hitler Channel" and have such hits as The Bermuda Triangle: Startling New Secrets in which they went back and forth with the nuttiest physicists I've ever seen trying to determine whether it was a black hole or white hole...or maybe both in the Bermuda Triangle causing all the strange disappearances...in the exact same numbers as any other similarly traveled waters in the world.  At least the Bible is a real thing, so I'd say it's a step up for them.
This sentence is a lie...