Merged Topic - Historical Reliability of the Gospels

Started by Randy Carson, November 27, 2015, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

If God isn't imaginary, he's done his level best to make the universe work as if he were.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

I saw some pastor explaining how god is outside of time and matter...

If time and matter is reality, then that means god is outside of reality. Things that are outside of reality isn't real, meaning God isn't real. Of course... I'm just making an observation of what he said... :lol:

Mike Cl

Repeater Randy at it again.  I could insert any fictional name into the spot for "God", and the argument would have the same merit.  I cannot prove that the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny, or Santa do not exist.  They 'could' exist.  Couldn't they??  Well, I have seen more 'proof' for those three than god(s), but in actuality I have found the same amount of proof for all 4.  None.  Based on that this atheist will state that neither god(s), Santa, Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny exist.  Not. I don't 'believe' that that is so, I think that that is so--for solid reasons.  God does not exist.  Period.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Gonna merge this thread with the rest of this thread. It's the same shit; different underpants.

sdelsolray

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 30, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
I saw some pastor explaining how god is outside of time and matter...

...except when he isn't (the pastor forgot that part, e.g., Jesus on Earth, causing floods, turning folks to salt...you know, the good stuff).

PickelledEggs

Quote from: sdelsolray on May 30, 2016, 07:42:01 PM
...except when he isn't (the pastor forgot that part, e.g., Jesus on Earth, causing floods, turning folks to salt...you know, the good stuff).
Of course you and I know that. I was simply going by what that guy said and making the observation that his statement conflicted with itself as a reasoning FOR god's existence.

marom1963

Quote from: sdelsolray on May 30, 2016, 07:42:01 PM
Filling in for Randy again - God can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants - he's God! Why, he gets the best parking spot in Heaven and the biggest piece of chocolate cake and the corner office - all the corner offices - and the secretary w/the biggest boobs - and she's miraculously a virgin, no matter what happens in those corner offices!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...