News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can human mind be transferred to the web?

Started by SoldierofFortune, November 28, 2015, 05:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

Is it possible?
The matrix might be real?
then it would be a heaven and the god provide us a host... :)

edit: needless to say we must realize our ego as us...

Gawdzilla Sama

You might be able to COPY a brain to the web. Transferring the actual consciousness, that's going to be a lot trickier. Similarly, you can clone me, but you can't clone ME.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

CloneKai

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 28, 2015, 06:19:22 AM
You might be able to COPY a brain to the web. Transferring the actual consciousness, that's going to be a lot trickier. Similarly, you can clone me, but you can't clone ME.
i really don't think you want to clone Middle East  :shocked:

CloneKai

i think the web might be transferred to our mind rather than the other way, with plug on the back of our head to connect to the out world.
atleast at first. so our conscious remain in our head

CloneKai

further more, doesn't our body effect our brain? so if we have a different body, like a cyborg or something, won't we behave differently.

Youssuf Ramadan

I hope not.  We cause enough shit in the world as it is....  :sad:

Brian37

Wile the future is not set, the fact would still remain, that you still die when your brain dies, the "simulation" would still be a second hand copy of you, you still die and YOU would NOT be aware of your copy "simulation". There still is no such thing as immortality. That is like pretending Shakespeare is still alive simply because we can read his works.

Atoms still have a shelf life, and even if we can simulate ourselves, there still will be a future where the sun will fry our planet.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Baruch

Immortality is one of the many bad ideas that people have.

Or course, just by writing this, I am transferring part of myself to the Web.  This is trivial.

Nobody knows what consciousness is ... they experience it ... but that is only a small part of you ... your unconsciousness is the part beneath the ocean's surface, and it is not clear how individual we are there.  If individuality is iffy ... then the question of cloning or uploading is moot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

QuoteCan human mind be transferred to the web?
Sure.  All we'd have to do is turn a glorified postal system into something that can store and transmit consciousness.  The IETF should be able to crank out a demo by Tuesday.

aitm

From what I have seen on the web, it would not take a lot of effort to exceed the human mind.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust