News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How the Bible Was Created

Started by stromboli, March 18, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

I apologize vehemently for this, it is taken directly off of Reddit. I don't dabble enough in computer skills because I have a lot of other things I deal with in the course of a day, and don't spend time and money on software for picture moving, or Facebook or Twitter or whatever, and am too cheap to buy Photoshop. Whatever.

This is one of the best ways to illustrate the silliness with the bible and religion, along with a current thread on the origins of Judaism/christianity.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=110

This from Reddit:
http://i.imgur.com/VUGdZ1g.jpg

Again, i apologize for my sloppy semi literate computer skills.

Jmpty

Quote from: "stromboli"I apologize vehemently for this, it is taken directly off of Reddit. I don't dabble enough in computer skills because I have a lot of other things I deal with in the course of a day, and don't spend time and money on software for picture moving, or Facebook or Twitter or whatever, and am too cheap to buy Photoshop. Whatever.

This is one of the best ways to illustrate the silliness with the bible and religion, along with a current thread on the origins of Judaism/christianity.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=110

This from Reddit:

Again, i apologize for my sloppy semi literate computer skills.

It's okay. Your avatars make up for any shortcomings you may have.
???  ??

stromboli

Thank you. I'll try to keep that trend going.

aitm

Quote from: "stromboli"Thank you. I'll try to keep that trend going.
a little more nipple wouldn't hurt.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

So that's what I am to you? Just cheap thrills? I'm just, I......  :roll:

Hydra009

Quote from: "stromboli"This is one of the best ways to illustrate the silliness with the bible and religion, along with a current thread on the origins of Judaism/christianity.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=110

This from Reddit:
Pretty much.  What really gets me is about this is just how much got left on the cutting room floor.  Oh course, the faithful say that only the true ones survived the fires and vetting process (such as it was) and made it part of the canon, but color me skeptical on that one.  Methinks if things had turned out differently, the Bible would've been assembled differently, and they would be equally ardent about this different Bible's authenticity.

St Giordano Bruno

Ancient scribes only knew of a method to create just a handful of them, then Johannes Gutenberg invented a method to create hundreds of them with moveable typesetting then modern publishers such as Nelson knew of a method to create millions of them. Why didn't God think of doing that?
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"So that's what I am to you? Just cheap thrills? I'm just, I......  :roll:

:rollin:

Meanwhile
[spoil:3ny44fn2][/spoil:3ny44fn2]

erm.............wow
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

To answer the question in the title of the thread.

The bible was created by ripping off prior polytheism and surrounding motifs of multiple cultures.

It is only popular today because of marketing, not facts.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Colanth

Quote from: "Hydra009"What really gets me is about this is just how much got left on the cutting room floor.  Oh course, the faithful say that only the true ones survived the fires and vetting process (such as it was) and made it part of the canon, but color me skeptical on that one.  Methinks if things had turned out differently, the Bible would've been assembled differently, and they would be equally ardent about this different Bible's authenticity.
The victors have always been the ones who get to write the history.  I'm sure the Etruscans had a different view of Rome than the one we have today.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Fluffhead

[size=150]
?But I Sure Have Some Powerful Pills?
[/size][/color]

GurrenLagann

Showing this to a Christian is about as likely to change the views of a Christian as showing the bullshit in the Qu'ran is to changing the views of a Muslim.

I recall having known about some of the so-called Apocryphal Biblical texts, and at best they were a curiosity to me. It's quite easy too rationalize away apparent problems for a deeply held belief. :-/
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens