Saudi court sentences poet to death for renouncing Islam

Started by josephpalazzo, November 21, 2015, 09:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

If you have any doubts where evil lurks...

A Palestinian poet and leading member of Saudi Arabia’s nascent contemporary art scene has been sentenced to death for renouncing Islam.
A Saudi court on Tuesday ordered the execution of Ashraf Fayadh, who has curated art shows in Jeddah and at the Venice Biennale. The poet, who said he did not have legal representation, was given 30 days to appeal against the ruling.

Fayadh, 35, a key member of the British-Saudi art organisation Edge of Arabia, was originally sentenced to four years in prison and 800 lashes by the general court in Abha, a city in the south-west of the ultraconservative kingdom, in May 2014.
But after his appeal was dismissed he was retried last month and a new panel of judges ruled that his repentance did not prevent his execution.

“I was really shocked but it was expected, though I didn’t do anything that deserves death,” Fayadh told the Guardian.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/saudi-court-sentences-poet-to-death-for-renouncing-islam?CMP=share_btn_tw&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=*Morning%20Brief

SGOS

Baruch

So why haven't we nuked Riyadh?  Why hasn't Russia nuked Washington DC ... after any of the unjust court cases against minorities that pop up frequently?  What is worse than a SJW .. is a nuke obsessed SJW.

So I am the judge of the world, I will review every trial and sentence ... and if any defendant is mistreated, I will nuke the country where that occurs .... what could be more American than that?  Americans aren't death worshippers, are we?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on November 21, 2015, 09:25:24 AM
This can't be.  Muslims aren't like that.

No, generally speaking they aren't, but unfortunately the ones running Saudi Arabia are. And they have billions of petro-dollars to spend, particularly on mosques being built across the planet - a fertile ground to spread their hateful doctrine.

Baruch

Then join General Rush Limbaugh and parachute into Riyadh to liberate all that oil ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

It is but a matter of degrees. Coming soon to america… opposition to free speech:

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=8891.0
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on November 21, 2015, 04:09:36 PM
It is but a matter of degrees. Coming soon to america… opposition to free speech:

There will always be free speech ... for plutocrats and their political lap dogs ;-)  Good doggy!  There has always been opposition to free speech ... just ask Presidents Adams and Wilson.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: aitm on November 21, 2015, 04:09:36 PM

We are talking about scales of humongous difference: Saudis executing you because you say "you're an atheist"; and the student asking the university's authority to censor you from saying that "you're an atheist" because it might offend the poor whiny christian student's sensitivity scale. I reckon that the latter is a slippery slope that might lead to the former, but we are years apart from that taking place, assuming that the students win their point, which personally I don't think they will.

Baruch

The problem for student demonstrators is that they have a "sell by" date.  Once they become adults, they forget all this bullshit.  Of course a few rounds from the National Guard could accelerate their maturity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.