Hillary Muslims 'Have Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Terrorism'

Started by pr126, November 20, 2015, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Hillary: Muslims 'Have Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Terrorism'

Quote"Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism."
A Presidential Candidate.

Baruch

Pr126 ... must be tough dealing with all the anti-anti-Muslims who don't know you, but you know them.  Just ignore them, particularly politicians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on November 21, 2015, 03:07:41 AM
Pr126 ... must be tough dealing with all the anti-anti-Muslims who don't know you, but you know them.  Just ignore them, particularly politicians.
Ignoring them is not an option. It is your future and the next generations future is at stake.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 21, 2015, 03:38:37 AM
Ignoring them is not an option. It is your future and the next generations future is at stake.

When the Republican lizard people took over from the Democrat pod people ... all was lost.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on November 20, 2015, 11:33:49 PM
Hillary: Muslims 'Have Nothing Whatsoever To Do With Terrorism'
A Presidential Candidate.

George Bush said essentially the same thing.  It's simply the politically correct thing to say, although it's starting to sound hollow.  NPR reported in depth on European Muslims speaking out against their violent brethren a couple of days ago, which is highly unusual for NPR, probably because until now, there hasn't been much of this to bother reporting. What this means, I'm not sure.  I'm still unwrapping the onion. 

Mermaid

I agree with her. But Christianity is absolutely no different in this regard.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on November 21, 2015, 08:06:23 AM
I agree with her. But Christianity is absolutely no different in this regard.
I know. You are so right.
Except Christians are missing out on beheading, mass murders, rape, enslaving, but I am sure this will come soon.
Or maybe the media is just supressing the news? Somebody should have noticed by now?

josephpalazzo

Politicians have constraints: one of them is being able to get elected.

Now about political correctness: It's very similar to when there is a recession - no responsible politician wants to say there is a coming recession as this announcement would impact negatively the economy, which would be irresponsible. I believe that Hillary falls into that category: saying that Islam is evil would not only impact negatively her electability but also would alienate many Muslims who are non-violent and would be at risk from the loonies in our society. It's the right thing to say (it's pc, but a necessary one). Having said that, I hope that Hillary will have the guts to identify the current spate of terrorism as Islamic terrorism, something that Obama has failed to do.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 21, 2015, 08:16:18 AM
I know. You are so right.
Except Christians are missing out on beheading, mass murders, rape, enslaving, but I am sure this will come soon.
Or maybe the media is just supressing the news? Somebody should have noticed by now?

You don't know American Christians very well.  Left Behind?  They can't wait for apocalypse (to exterminate their neighbors with extreme prejudice ... and we are highly armed), same as these other death worshippers (Muslim radicals).  But the American Christians haven't gotten their sign ... the army of Russia or China has to be on the doorstep of Jerusalem ... then they will go Helter Skelter per the Jesus look-alike ... Charles Manson.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on November 21, 2015, 09:58:17 AM
You don't know American Christians very well.  Left Behind?  They can't wait for apocalypse (to exterminate their neighbors with extreme prejudice ... and we are highly armed), same as these other death worshippers (Muslim radicals).  But the American Christians haven't gotten their sign ... the army of Russia or China has to be on the doorstep of Jerusalem ... then they will go Helter Skelter per the Jesus look-alike ... Charles Manson.

So what the heck are those AMERICAN Christians waiting for? An RSVP?
Let loose the dogs of war.

Or this is just an imagination? Wishful thinking? Leftist hive mind?

I call bullshit.
If the [American] Christian fundamentalism is as strong as of the adherents of the RoP we sure would see some manifestations of that. Piles of dead bodies, stoning of adulterers, executing homosexuals, rape, torture, beheadings.

So far nothing. Why is that? Does the NewTestament commands eternal warfare against non Christians?

I don't know why this only happening in America?

What are you people smoking?

CloneKai

i do wonder why is the pc culture so in, in america.
i expected politician to start demonizing muslim but instead you got this pc culture.
i wonder how long it will last

SGOS

Quote from: CloneKai on November 21, 2015, 11:15:03 AM
i do wonder why is the pc culture so in, in america.
i expected politician to start demonizing muslim but instead you got this pc culture.
i wonder how long it will last
PC exists in all cultures, even yours.  The people who are PC, don't usually realize it's PC.  They just think it's correct.  But the definition of PC is kind of a wispy.  I've heard a couple of definitions from experts (who don't even agree), so over the years, I've decided it's the kind of think that you know it when you see it.  Rigid cultures in the Mideast seem extremely into political correctness.  You see Saddam walking down the street, you cheer, even if he raped your daughter, or your friends will shun you if you don't cheer (an example of PC as per my own definition so it may not be the politically correct definition of "politically correct"). :biggrin:

Politicians are very tuned into their own political correctness.  They assume politically correct positions, but their PC is just tied to popularity.  Their motivations are purely manipulative and calculating.  I don't really call this political correctness.  It's more like hiding your true identity, something that skilled politicians have mastered... until they get caught having an extramarital affair with some bimbo, which happens a lot.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on November 21, 2015, 11:04:01 AM
So what the heck are those AMERICAN Christians waiting for? An RSVP?
Let loose the dogs of war.

Or this is just an imagination? Wishful thinking? Leftist hive mind?

I call bullshit.
If the [American] Christian fundamentalism is as strong as of the adherents of the RoP we sure would see some manifestations of that. Piles of dead bodies, stoning of adulterers, executing homosexuals, rape, torture, beheadings.

So far nothing. Why is that? Does the NewTestament commands eternal warfare against non Christians?

I don't know why this only happening in America?

What are you people smoking?

Read some history books.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

TomFoolery

From a purely logical perspective, she's right. A terrorist doesn't have to be Muslim to be a terrorist, and a Muslim doesn't have to be a terrorist to be a Muslim.

You could trying making the claim about the Islamic faith in general and not Muslims, at which point it becomes subjective. But isn't the point of religion what you do with it, not what it claims?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

pr126

Mermaid wrote:

QuoteRead some history books.

And that will confirm that today Christians STILL engage in mass murders, stoning of adulterers, executing homosexuals, rape, torture, beheadings, slavery?

What are you smoking?