How can it be possible for us to be "born in sin"?

Started by peacewithoutgod, November 12, 2015, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

Quote from: Baruch on November 17, 2015, 06:48:44 AM
But do you know what that means?  I agree with that, but it may mean something different to me than it does to you.  It isn't a slogan.

The interior life of a person is the proper focus of life, not the exterior life of a person.  It means ... interiority ... and implies contemplation comes before expression.  The Bible isn't an easy read, particularly the NT.  Most people, include most atheists, are literalists.

g2perk ... a posting style that is disjointed, isn't working for you.  That is what was weird.

Also I think you know now this is Fight Club ... don't expect to come here and not face a flurry of fists.  Good fists ... but fists!
Yeah I know they are hard on me here. But that's okay. But,for this phrase to me means the fight with the outer forces of this world is only conquered by ones inner ability to understand it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 07:56:18 AM
Yeah I know they are hard on me here. But that's okay. But,for this phrase to me means the fight with the outer forces of this world is only conquered by ones inner ability to understand it.

If you didn't you wouldn't be able to troll effectively.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 07:56:18 AM

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 09:45:22 AM
Maybe...

All of us with human language today evolved from an ape, and we're evolutionary cousins to the apes which exist today. Then there's the much more distantly-related troll species which have recently evolved out of our internet sewers...
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

g2perk

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 17, 2015, 10:31:45 AM
All of us with human language today evolved from an ape, and we're evolutionary cousins to the apes which exist today. Then there's the much more distantly-related troll species which have recently evolved out of our internet sewers...
That I'd the dumbest thing any body can say...I mean literally Dumb.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 11:00:29 AM

That was the most wishful and childish grouse I have ever seen - maybe, if you tell yourself that enough times, it may even become true!

Scientists are all idiots - OK!

You have your ideas, which you insist must be true, because the far-outdated and historically hysterical writings of an ignorant old shepherd, drawn of ancient world ideas (such as the spontaneous generation of vermin, human sacrifice, rape, genocide, misogyny, slavery, murder, torture) told you. Hysterical, that you are!

g2perk

For you Mr. peace.

Did you know humans share 96% with chimps 90% with cats 80% with cows and 75% with mice and so on and so forth. Now with this info ( your history) this still does not prove humans evolved from animals this scientific information only tells us that humans share a common ancestor in the past. So where do humans descend from. How was everything started. To you honestly believe from an explosion in the earth. If you do believe this than that means you believe in something that you or no one on this earth has ever seen. Talk about make believe. So I agree life did evolve but not from nothing.

Baruch

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 12:15:54 PM
For you Mr. peace.

Did you know humans share 96% with chimps 90% with cats 80% with cows and 75% with mice and so on and so forth. Now with this info ( your history) this still does not prove humans evolved from animals this scientific information only tells us that humans share a common ancestor in the past. So where do humans descend from. How was everything started. To you honestly believe from an explosion in the earth. If you do believe this than that means you believe in something that you or no one on this earth has ever seen. Talk about make believe. So I agree life did evolve but not from nothing.

Looking at things the wrong way, people do.  Whatever is happening today is relevant, whatever happened in the past is disputable.  As soon as a person says I know what happened before I was born, or happened where I wasn't present ... they are telling tales.  And as soon as a person says they know what will happen in the future ... hide your wallet ;-)

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Is he talking about the Pre-Comedian Explosion?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 11:00:29 AM

Not when referring to you.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: g2perk on November 17, 2015, 12:15:54 PM
For you Mr. peace.

There are questions which nobody will ever answer accurately while we are alive - get over it! Not knowing any answer is categorically better than knowing a bad one.

"...explosion in this earth..."??? Not in this earth.

See the infant galaxies forming - do you think they are new galaxies forming right now, at over 13 billion light years away? This is a shot of the past, stupid! Yes, we've gone back in our time machine (it's called a telescope), as far back as it will take us, and that's significantly farther back than the beginnings of human agriculture.

I don't have to explain to you how it all started, which I did not purport to know. What is known is available for you to learn from, but I know you won't learn anything because you never shut your flap long enough to hear anything other than the sound of it flapping.

What isn't known does not prove any god invented by the ignorant to fill the gaps. There will always be gaps, because the universe is far greater and far more complex than us. None of this requires a supernatural sky-daddy to explain anything that can be explained, when it can be explained!