News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Islamic View of Apostasy

Started by MagetheEntertainer, November 07, 2015, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2015, 12:59:24 PM
"The normal moderating elements that often sort through problems are no longer expressed."

Usually at that point ... moderates are considered traitors by both sides, and the ultimate subversives ;-(  Race-traitors, or Ethnic-traitors, or Nation-traitors, or Civilization-traitors.  This is where stateless Jews were, politically, in the early 20th century.  Too wrong ethnic to be a citizen, too stateless to be a citizen.  One solution was for Diaspora Jews to become just another murdering nation ... that denies citizenship to Palestinians, and renders them stateless.  Tragic irony.  I rather like the ideology of stateless Judaism ... at least as a check on my American nationalism.  Being a refugee, for however many centuries ... can have a positive value ... cosmopolitanism.
But still trusted on a ladder several rungs above the atheists, even today. Baruch, how can I join Judaism as a Secular Jew (just kidding)?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Choose Jewish parents ... just kidding ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

1liesalot

I'm not convinced that Christianity would exist either, without all the hell-fire threats.

pr126

Quote from: 1liesalot on November 11, 2015, 11:39:07 AM
I'm not convinced that Christianity would exist either, without all the hell-fire threats
There is a subtle difference between the threats of hellfire and being murdered.

1liesalot

I suppose you might have a point there. But the sentiment behind these acts are similar. They don't want to share the planet with non believers. They want to scare you into signing up for their ridiculous and outlandish belief systems. So they do have some things in common.

1liesalot

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on November 07, 2015, 08:27:35 PM
It most certainly does.

In 23 (Out of 49) Muslim majority states apostasy is illegal: (Bolded are places where it is punishable by death)

Qatar

Qatar, you say? Yet another reason we shouldn't be playing any World Cups there in two years time.

Baruch

Sheik Qaradawi is a Sufi, so his orthodoxy is itself in question (Salafists hate Sufis).  His statement is weak, because having to back up your position with violence, is a weak position to be in.  Islam should stand or fall on its merits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.