News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So at work today.

Started by Brian37, March 17, 2013, 05:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

Today is St Patrick's day, and I was not wearing green. My boss pointed this out and I responded "That's ok I am not superstitious anyway". He joked knowing I was an atheist and said "Thats ok Jesus wasn't superstitious either" .

But I responded seriously, "If all it took was faith to make something true then the sun would really be a god".
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Brian37"Today is St Patrick's day, and I was not wearing green. My boss pointed this out and I responded "That's ok I am not superstitious anyway". He joked knowing I was an atheist and said "Thats ok Jesus wasn't superstitious either" .

But I responded seriously, "If all it took was faith to make something true then the sun would really be a god".

I like that, might have to quote you on that one.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Brian37

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
Quote from: "Brian37"Today is St Patrick's day, and I was not wearing green. My boss pointed this out and I responded "That's ok I am not superstitious anyway". He joked knowing I was an atheist and said "Thats ok Jesus wasn't superstitious either" .

I like that, might have to quote you on that one.

By all means. Royalty fees apply, just split half of nothing.  :P
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

My response woulda been: Go chase snakes.. Probably why I'm unemployed.. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.