I have concerns about Judgement Day and the White Throne.

Started by 1liesalot, November 12, 2015, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

I have searched scripture but I can find no explanation as to how god intends to judge every single person that ever lived on a case by case basis on the glorious Day of Judgement. How long is this process going to take? Can you imagine how long the line will be.? Is it worth fetching a tent and camp outside the day before, to steal a march on everyone else? Will there be refreshments. So many questions. Can anyone answer these issues for me as I am not sleeping well from pondering it all.

pr126

First things first.
How does Santa visits every single house on Xmas night?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: 1liesalot on November 12, 2015, 09:13:23 AM
I have searched scripture but I can find no explanation as to how god intends to judge every single person that ever lived on a case by case basis on the glorious Day of Judgement. How long is this process going to take? Can you imagine how long the line will be.? Is it worth fetching a tent and camp outside the day before, to steal a march on everyone else? Will there be refreshments. So many questions. Can anyone answer these issues for me as I am not sleeping well from pondering it all.

Because God exists outside space and time it already knows the beginning, middle and end of everyone's story. The story is written, we just can't read it.

Free will is an illusion resulting from a human's inability to understand the nature of time.

Oh, and there is no judgment. Good and bad are human perspectives and meaningless on a cosmic scale.

aitm

Depends if you consider the book literal or allegorical or cherry pick to your liking. I believe there are some verses in Revelations that suggest that only 144,000 get in anyway. But I am sure someone will argue that away as some math error due to goat herders not being known for their math.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

peacewithoutgod

Don't forget, Gaad may have a whole multiverse (and how many universes does that contain) to judge. There may even be multiple multiverses! So hard this is to consider without making yourself dizzy!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

In the original judgement story, from Egypt, you get judged as you arrive ... there is no reason to procrastinate ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Why is it always a white throne? Why can't black people have a throne? Man, God is such a fucking racist...
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

peacewithoutgod

But Gaad is everywhere, and answers prayer everywhere, therefore he takes his Great White Throne everywhere too - it follows him, lashed to his Holy Flatbed, right next to his Hole-E-Of-Holies Port-O-Johnny.
Checkmate, Atheist! :72:
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on November 12, 2015, 11:06:21 AM
Depends if you consider the book literal or allegorical or cherry pick to your liking. I believe there are some verses in Revelations that suggest that only 144,000 get in anyway. But I am sure someone will argue that away as some math error due to goat herders not being known for their math.

Yeah, well the Bible isn't very reliable at all when it comes to arithmetic:
Numerical Contradictions
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

JBCuzISaidSo

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

SGOS

QuoteI have searched scripture but I can find no explanation as to how god intends to judge every single person that ever lived on a case by case basis on the glorious Day of Judgement. How long is this process going to take? Can you imagine how long the line will be.? Is it worth fetching a tent and camp outside the day before, to steal a march on everyone else? Will there be refreshments. So many questions. Can anyone answer these issues for me as I am not sleeping well from pondering it all.

Man's existence on the planet is a mere blip in the span of the universe.  Seven billion people, or even 60 billion may seem like a lot from our perspective, but given the time allotted to the universe, it becomes an easy count for a relatively competent accountant with an extraordinary life span. 

Add to that, when you die, time ceases to exist.  Whether you die today or 3 million years from now, when you awake on Judgment Day, it will be like a <pop> of a flash bulb.  You will have no sensation of the laborious accounting process that has taken place in your absence.  Everything will have been sorted out, and you will be instantly aware of whether you have been selected to pass through the pearly gates, or pushed down the Hell Chute to God's technologically primitive version of Hitler's gas chamber.

While this may seem absurd to you now, it will make perfect sense on Judgment Day, when all becomes clear and ultimate knowledge becomes available without a tedious learning curve or a time consuming scientific process.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 13, 2015, 12:35:56 PM
What?  No <sarc>?

Well OK.  I'll retract the part about it being easy for a competent accountant.  It would likely be Hellishly boring after a million years.  Although, I do know a couple of judgmental Christians, who have already self appointed themselves as God's sorter-outers, although they have a more intuitive approach to the problem than the average accountant.

Contemporary Protestant

The ancient world had a different understanding of time, although revelation is in greek and was written allegedly by a political exile on the isle of patmos,

The hebrew word for yom doesnt translate exactly as day, and indicates a period of time, so i would some that up to its an ancient middle easterner writing about the end of the world and that wont make much sense to a post modern westerner. So I dont know, but I know Americans have a funny understanding of time as compared to other cultures

Baruch

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on November 13, 2015, 02:33:17 PM
The ancient world had a different understanding of time, although revelation is in greek and was written allegedly by a political exile on the isle of patmos,

The hebrew word for yom doesnt translate exactly as day, and indicates a period of time, so i would some that up to its an ancient middle easterner writing about the end of the world and that wont make much sense to a post modern westerner. So I dont know, but I know Americans have a funny understanding of time as compared to other cultures

Yes, ancient words don't translate well to modern culture.  Spiritual words don't translate at all to secular folks.  In fact modern words don't translate to understanding ... they are just advertising and twerking.  But it is possible with much study, to manage to separate out the multiple meanings of time, or love ... in modern or ancient languages. 

In English often one word has five or more meanings ... depending on context.  This is just lazy.  Most languages, including ancient ones, have separate words for separate meanings (there are exceptions ... ancient Egyptian, Chinese and Japanese are homonym heavy ... this is why they don't use alphabets).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.