FBI: 57% of Anti-Religious Hate Crimes Targeted Jews; 16% Targeted Muslims

Started by josephpalazzo, December 13, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteDespite the liberal narrative to the contrary, Jews, not Muslims, were the greatest victims of what the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program designated as religiously targeted hate crimes in America in 2014.
“In the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, the victim of a hate crime may be an individual, a business, an institution, or society as a whole,” reads the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics, 2014. “In 2014, the nation’s law enforcement agencies reported that there were 6,727 victims of hate crimes. Of these victims, 46 were victimized in 17 separate multiple-bias incidents.”
According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics, 2014, there were 1,140 victims of anti-religious hate crimes in the U.S. in 2014. “Of the 1,140 victims of anti-religious hate crimes: 56.8 percent [56.8%] were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Jewish bias.” That amounts to approximately 647.52 instances where Jewish individuals, businesses or institutions were targeted.
A mere “16.1 percent [16.1%] were victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) bias,” amounting to approximately 183.54 instances where Muslim individuals, businesses or institutions were targeted.
In the U.S., Jews were targeted an astonishing 40.7 percent (40.7%) more than Muslims in the year 2014.

Who would have thought?

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/fbi-us-jews-targeted-57-anti-religious-hate-crimes-muslims-targeted-16

Baruch

No surprise to Jewish folk.  In 1940, Americans were as anti-Semitic as Germans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Liberal here; already knew it and figured it was common knowledge. Guess it isn't. Also doesn't change that Muslim hate crime has been consistently on the rise for years.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Poison Tree

While it obviously does not account for the entire discrepancy in the numbers, it should be noted that there are more than twice as many Jews living in America as Muslims living in America.

What I found most interesting from the FBI's 2014 hate crime data was that there were more hate crimes based on sexual-orientation (1,248 victims) than religion (1,140 victims) and that 18 or 19 "were victims of anti-heterosexual bias"
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on December 15, 2015, 11:36:59 PM
Is your new avatar, Leonard Euler?

The very same! He's one of my favorite people of the past.

Also, I like his hat.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Valigarmander

Another interesting thing to note about the study: only 1.2% of anti-religious hate crimes were targeted at atheists and agnostics, who make up 2-6% of the total population or more, depending on which study you cite. So we are disproportionately less likely to be targeted by a hate crime for our beliefs.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 16, 2015, 03:23:27 PM
The very same! He's one of my favorite people of the past.

Also, I like his hat.

You have high standards ;-)  Academics used to get fancy nick names ... in that get up he would be Doctor Casualus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.