Viral Video Shows What Happens When You Show People a Bible With a Quran's Cover

Started by Termin, December 09, 2015, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: pr126 on December 11, 2015, 05:39:45 AM
Experience shows that some people read their holy books to find justification for their bad behaviour.

I prefer those who ignore their holy books.
If they actually knew what the book said, however, they would find it much more difficult to follow their own church leaders because they would come to realize how monumental a task it is to create a religion which actually follows all the contradictory teachings of any given holy book.  They would realize just how much of their own, unsupported beliefs their leaders were injecting into the religion.  And if they were to read, not ignore and understand what the book were actually saying, just just what they had been told to believe it was saying, they would find it increasingly difficult to justify their beliefs.  If more people read their holy book and understood what it was saying I think there would be a whole lot more atheists out there.  Of course, said books often act like sedatives, making it difficult to absorb all that they say.
This sentence is a lie...

aitm

Christians are, because they have never read the Bible, atheists are, because they have.

Muslim youth are, if I recall correctly, encouraged to memorize the krapun, whereas good christian boys are encouraged to play sports and let the preachers tell you what the Babble says.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust