I, Hijiri Byakuren, am hereby taking up Jorune's challenge
. Before we make the debate thread, I'd just like to get some clarification from Jorune as to exactly how we are defining "God" for the purposes of the debate. I'd also like to have us agree on some ground rules for the debate structure:
- Judges are picked from among volunteers. Each debater gets to pick one judge, and the debate moderator picks a third.
- Each side makes an "opener" stating their respective positions on the issue.
- The first rebuttal: each side gets a chance to refute their opponent's opener.
- The second rebuttal: each side gets a chance to refute their opponent's first rebuttal.
- The third rebuttal: each side gets a chance to refute their opponent's second rebuttal.
- The judges each issue a vote, stating three reasons why they favored one debater over the other. (Complete sentences, please. :P) The winner is determined by simple majority.
Before and during the debate, the debate moderator may ask that specific information and/or clarifications be included in a debater's next post.
So, Jorune, do you accept these rules? If so, then come at me with all you've got.