News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God exists because God exists

Started by jorune, November 09, 2015, 05:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

If such a God really existed, we'd have to destroy it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2015, 06:03:02 PM
Considering the kind of God depicted in their Bible, I'm extremely relieved that their God doesn't exist! What it would be like to live under such a petulant godchild is too frightening to contemplate. I sometimes wish there really was a hell, so those who thought up the idea could go there.

:angry:

Our ancestors were childlike in an infant terrible way.  But we are reverting to form recently.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2015, 07:13:25 PM
If such a God really existed, we'd have to destroy it.

Quoting Mahayana Buddhists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on November 10, 2015, 07:01:52 PM
Boy howdy, could you imagine a life where a gods face juts out of the occasional cloud and sends lightning, pestilence, drought and hordes of locusts?  Holy shit, what kind of love would one give that eh?

I love an on-line comic called Sinfest: The Comic To End All Webcomics ... where the Bible god does something like that, usually with sock puppets.  But there are many gods in this one, including a Buddha boy and Satan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Actually we the former religious people who turns atheism after inquisition and inquiring can't find any evidence on the existience of any god.

we honestly try to believe but wouldn't be able to do because everything is clear about bible and the god that the bible or quran deduce.. Ä°t canT be from god. it must be written by a human like us. so there is no any holy shit.

although we discovered there is no god, we didn't stop discovering the world which is only home. there is very much to discover and learn but theists thinks that only one ''book'' helps them understand the world and the nature of humanity.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2015, 07:19:41 PM
Our ancestors were childlike in an infant terrible way.  But we are reverting to form recently.
WE are? No, it isn't "we", Theist! An atheist cannot possibly respond to the infantile hatred of those who won't tolerate those who will not be manipulated by them without being accused of behavior similar to theirs, but it's only because they taint us to smell like them when they throw their own shit at us.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 15, 2015, 01:01:09 PM
WE are? No, it isn't "we", Theist! An atheist cannot possibly respond to the infantile hatred of those who won't tolerate those who will not be manipulated by them without being accused of behavior similar to theirs, but it's only because they taint us to smell like them when they throw their own shit at us.
If you're implying that it's impossible for an atheist to be a mass-murdering fuckhead, history would like to have a word with you.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 15, 2015, 01:47:38 PM
If you're implying that it's impossible for an atheist to be a mass-murdering fuckhead, history would like to have a word with you.

Secretly a Warsie.
No, Warsie, that isn't the argument I'm trying to make. I thought Baruch's statement was on arguments, both philosophical and political between atheists and theists. Of course anybody can be a mass-murdering fuckhead, even if it's easier to drive religious people in that direction with the belief that they are doing good by obeying their god. When atheists lose it and harm others, they have to know it's wrong, whether or not they care.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Baruch

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on November 15, 2015, 02:06:06 PM
No, Warsie, that isn't the argument I'm trying to make. I thought Baruch's statement was on arguments, both philosophical and political between atheists and theists. Of course anybody can be a mass-murdering fuckhead, even if it's easier to drive religious people in that direction with the belief that they are doing good by obeying their god. When atheists lose it and harm others, they have to know it's wrong, whether or not they care.

You may be right, about dictators who claim to be atheist like Stalin or Mao.  But if they really were atheists, and whether they thought what they were doing was wrong ... is hard to determine.  Dictators tend to be secretive and don't like interviews.  You may also be right, if the myth of a particular religion, dampens the conscience of the religious asshole ... the statistics on this are much more available.  But one has to always guess if they are being honest and non-delusive when being interviewed.  And yes, I am trying for focus on "fuckhead" more than on ... they have the wrong ideology or wrong theology ... I think those are secondary ... but they are easier for us to talk about, because again, we don't necessarily know any of these "fuckheads" personally ... but their behavior is part of the public record.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jannabear

Quote from: jorune on November 09, 2015, 05:00:16 AM
Yes. I want to debate with an atheist on the existence of God via PM or chat because I need to do it for this one homework assignment of mine. Will any of you help?
I'll debate you, and by the way, god exists because god exists doesn't make any sense, elves exist because elves exist, magical butt plugs exist because magical butt plugs exist, under your logic I can justify the belief in the illuminati, flying dildos, pretty much any bullshit that pops into my head.

Baruch

You may be waiting awhile on the field of honor ... most people find an excuse not to use this end of the forum.  And remember kids, don't use an electric butt plug while in water, not even if it is UL rated ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

kevin007

I would ask if you could change your assignment to something reality based, something that may help you in the future..

josephpalazzo

Typical trolling tactic: I have a homework on ... (fill in the blanks), can anyone help me?

SGOS

His actual assignment was to find out how many responses he could get from a single post in an atheist forum.