News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God exists because God exists

Started by jorune, November 09, 2015, 05:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorune

Yes. I want to debate with an atheist on the existence of God via PM or chat because I need to do it for this one homework assignment of mine. Will any of you help?

pr126

Are you familiar with the fallacy of circular reasoning?

Apart from that, which god are you referring to? There are so many.

Hydra009

Quote from: jorune on November 09, 2015, 05:00:16 AM
Yes. I want to debate with an atheist on the existence of God via PM or chat because I need to do it for this one homework assignment of mine. Will any of you help?

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

gentle_dissident

"If you believe, then you will believe" seems like a better argument.

josephpalazzo

Better still: "how can you NOT believe, dumb atheist?!?"

missingnocchi

I hear if you say "Richard Dawkins" three times in front of a mirror at midnight, he comes out and gives a lecture on the evidence for evolution. Have you tried that?
What's a "Leppo?"

Sal1981

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: jorune on November 09, 2015, 05:00:16 AM

I'm sure somebody here will consider a debate with you here on this forum in the debate hall if you agree to defend the existence of your particular god and not some vague undefined deity. Go ahead and start a thread in informal debates. State your position and make an opening statement.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on November 09, 2015, 10:56:44 AM
I'm sure somebody here will consider a debate with you here on this forum in the debate hall if you agree to defend the existence of your particular god and not some vague undefined deity. Go ahead and start a thread in informal debates. State your position and make an opening statement.
In fact, I'd be happy to do that just as soon as I get home.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

I'll debate.
Me: God doesn't exist
You: Yes he does.
Me: Whatever

This concludes our regularly scheduled debate. Now back to As The World Turns.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

ah…..class room assignment 597,949,294. Never heard of those assignments when I grew up, but damn they sure are popular the last 20 years, seems like every teacher in amurica is demanding someone argue with an atheist about the existence of their favorite color of gawd.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

Quote from: aitm on November 09, 2015, 06:45:40 PM
ah…..class room assignment 597,949,294. Never heard of those assignments when I grew up, but damn they sure are popular the last 20 years, seems like every teacher in amurica is demanding someone argue with an atheist about the existence of their favorite color of gawd.

There are plenty of Christian schools (both primary, secondary and post secondary) that would probably propose such an assignment.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

I am willing, but time is short.  I could debate myself, and save us both time?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.