Noah's Ark Indirectly Supports Evolution (Kinda)

Started by T7ven, January 27, 2016, 07:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T7ven

According to the Bible, in Noah's Ark, clean or not, perhaps (I am not sure, nor is anyone because the Bible was contradicting itself, but keep in mind I chose the maximum possibility) there was a total of 18 of every species put on to Noah's boat, which would mean a total of 162,000 animals. That means that there were 81,000 species of animal on Earth, but we have found around 6.7 million so far. I have used this against Christians over the internet a lot, and they fight back with "it's type, not species." Even though this is not what the Bible stated and they are wrong, I am going to act as if it is true. This renders the thread pointless, but the Christians who believe it meant "type" are stubborn.
          Most Christians who follow the Bible do not believe in evolution. So let's say that there were 6.7 millions species, not types, of animal on Earth. And Noah had to bring two of every type on to the boat. If that really did happen, where only 81,000 types out of over 6.7 million survived the flood, why are there over 6.7 million species of animal today instead of 81,000 types? Like I said, most people who believe in the Bible do not believe in evolution, so how could this have possibly happened? The only answer is that they could've branched off and formed the millions here today. Some Christians might say, "God recreated them after the flood." Then what was the point of having Noah go on a boat with some relatives and 81,000 animals? Why not just kill everything?
           A massive problem with this is that if the flood occured, it would've millennia ago. Evolution on that level cannot occur over several thousands of years, no matter how essential it is for a species to adapt to unfimiliar conditions. It would be possible if the conditions they were not familiar with didn't kill off the species in an instant, but they would've. So that's something that can't be explained by either side. But if it had to be anything, the most plausible answer for this would be evolution since one thing leads to another. It's still not logical, but it still can cover more things than any other.
People say they entirely follow the Bible, which is impossible because of the amount of contradictions. But if they put an effort into doing so, they probably have a bad criminal record.

Gawdzilla Sama

The logistics are really bad, as well. The predators need a carcass every few days. The grazers couldn't supply the meat-eaters. Why not?

The rain lasted 40 days and nights. They then floated around for 150 days. Then they grounded on a barren Earth. The grasses had to recover so that the grazers could feed, but while that was happening the predators would have eaten all the grazers. And the grazers would have taken years to breed enough so that the predators could kill every 3-4 days.

It makes no sense. Never did.

And speaking of evolutionary bottlenecks, how about us humans, descended from Noah and his wife and four other couples (son's in-laws). That kind of thing would show up in the genetics like a house on fire.

None of which matters to my SoBap cousins.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Seven pair of every clean animal and 2 pair of every unclean animal was taken unto the ark. The whole 1 pair idea was brought front and center when the people making money off the stupid thought maybe the stupid would not remain that stupid.

remember to read the babble when you want to use it in an argument.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

TomFoolery

I'll throw out two science-y words that are brought to us by the field of ecology:

Functional extinction.

Then I'll throw out two regular words just to emphasize how I really feel about Noah's Ark:

Total bullshit.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

T7ven

Quote from: aitm on January 27, 2016, 07:53:21 PM
Seven pair of every clean animal and 2 pair of every unclean animal was taken unto the ark. The whole 1 pair idea was brought front and center when the people making money off the stupid thought maybe the stupid would not remain that stupid.

remember to read the babble when you want to use it in an argument.

Thanks for telling me, I'll change it, but you forgot to read the cover of the "babble."
People say they entirely follow the Bible, which is impossible because of the amount of contradictions. But if they put an effort into doing so, they probably have a bad criminal record.

aitm

Quote from: T7ven on January 27, 2016, 08:09:44 PM
Thanks for telling me, I'll change it, but you forgot to read the cover of the "babble."
Uh……………..o…kay.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers