News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do I respond?

Started by summonerofdoubt, March 16, 2013, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

summonerofdoubt

I have been accused of being narrow minded, how do I respond after I have banged my head against a wall repeatedly.

Johan

I know you are but what am I?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Is a response even necessary or worth it? What's the upside?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

summonerofdoubt

Quote from: "Johan"I know you are but what am I?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Is a response even necessary or worth it? What's the upside?
He's already gotten the implied facepalm

stromboli

GurrenLagann

Tell them to demonstrate how you were being narrow-minded. If they claim that you are being narrow-minded because you can't believe/can see as false some religious belief, that's a reduction waiting to happen.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Plu

Laugh. Keep laughing until they go away.

Brian37

Quote from: "summonerofdoubt"I have been accused of being narrow minded, how do I respond after I have banged my head against a wall repeatedly.

Invite them to a kitten barbecue.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37