News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So, my daughter's gay.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, March 16, 2013, 11:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalacticBusDriver

What the fuck is wrong with people?

My daughter came out today. I don't care She's my daughter, straight, gay, bi or trans. My wife on the other hand is freaking out. She's already brought up the idea of counseling and I told her "Over my dead body." She's de-friended her from fakebook and is just generally acting like a bitch about it.The weird part is she's always had a closer relationship with her than I have.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with people.

I've been making sure that my Daughter knows that:
1st: No, I don't think she's "broken" and there's nothing about her that needs to be fixed.
2nd: She's loved, no matter what!
3rd: I'll try to help with her mother.

Argh! I'm so pissed right now I can barely see straight!

Sorry guys, had to vent a little.
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

Farroc

Meh heh heh. Is your wife religious?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Johan

You have my sympathies for all of your frustrations with this. You also my utmost respect for the way you're treating the situation and your daughter. Good on ya for that.

Give your wife some time. Hopefully she'll come around once she's able to sit with it for a while. Best of luck.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Explain to your wife that she now has the inside track on fashion tips and home decor.

GalacticBusDriver

Quote from: "Farroc"Meh heh heh. Is your wife religious?
Only in a vague "feel-good" kinda way.
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

GalacticBusDriver

Quote from: "stromboli"Explain to your wife that she now has the inside track on fashion tips and home decor.
Eh, not so much. My daughter doesn't have much better/worse fashion sense than any other 16-year-old. :lol:

Johan

Quote from: "stromboli"Explain to your wife that she now has the inside track on fashion tips and home decor.
I thought that was only the gay men.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Oh, 16. I thought she might be a little older. Whatever. I think your wife is over reacting. Be calm, be cool, be a steady hand, and keep reassuring your daughter she is loved.

Plu

Yeah, sounds like you're handling it as best you could and your wife will hopefully come round in time. Good luck.

Brian37

No offense, but why did you marry a homophobe without realizing it?

I'll cut you some slack because far to often people get married without discussing important issues. Out side this one I was 9 years older than my X. She wasn't ready to settle down in one place, I was. And I was happy merely being with her no matter what I did for a living, but it wasn't enough for her. In short we could have saved each other the pain by discussing how we saw our future and figured out before hand we were not on the same page.

But she is dead wrong on this issue. I don't know if you can resolve this. But since you are already in it, the biggest thing is to support your daughter. I wouldn't turn this into battle because that doesn't help your daughter. But your wife's baggage does not have to become yours or your daughters.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AxisMundi

Quote from: "GalacticBusDriver"What the fuck is wrong with people?

My daughter came out today. I don't care She's my daughter, straight, gay, bi or trans. My wife on the other hand is freaking out. She's already brought up the idea of counseling and I told her "Over my dead body." She's de-friended her from fakebook and is just generally acting like a bitch about it.The weird part is she's always had a closer relationship with her than I have.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with people.

I've been making sure that my Daughter knows that:
1st: No, I don't think she's "broken" and there's nothing about her that needs to be fixed.
2nd: She's loved, no matter what!
3rd: I'll try to help with her mother.

Argh! I'm so pissed right now I can barely see straight!

Sorry guys, had to vent a little.

Not to be insulting, but does your wife have some identity issues of her own, perhaps?

AxisMundi

Quote from: "GalacticBusDriver"
Quote from: "Farroc"Meh heh heh. Is your wife religious?
Only in a vague "feel-good" kinda way.

Were her parents very religious?

Religion relies heavily on indoctrinating the young.

SvZurich

*hugs*  Continue being there for your baby.  

If your wife really can't get over it, threaten her with the idea of me dating your daughter.  I won't, she's far too young, but damn it is one hell of a nice threat.  ;)  Gun owning carnivore lesbian on the prowl.  :lol:
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Thumpalumpacus

Best wishes on your successful navigation of the issue, Dad.  I can't pretend to understand what it might feel like to be torn between my child and his mother, but it can't be enjoyable.

Take pride in knowing that your daughter has the strength of character to be open and honest about her orientation with you guys.  You're obviously doing something right if your communication allows for that.  I hope for y'all's sake that your wife's attitude doesn't poison that atmosphere.
<insert witty aphorism here>

PopeyesPappy

That's a shame the wife is taking it so badly. Perhaps some counseling would help her get over her issues?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.