What do people do all day once they get to heaven?

Started by 1liesalot, October 23, 2015, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Well they breed like rabbits so it must be sex, sex, sex and more sex.....

With ugly people..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sal1981

Whatever the believers think the gloriousâ,,¢ afterlife to be, their descriptions and wishes of it seem quite simple. It's like a monkey getting 3 wishes from a genie, "Yes, me want all the females and a mountain of bananas and all the grubs I can eat." That's what I hear when I hear believers describe their heaven. That's really what they think will happen? Sex and other hedonistic pleasures? Simpletons.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 28, 2016, 01:06:08 AM
According to the descriptions I've read of Heaven and Hell in the New Testament, Heaven and Hell are built right next to each other. There's a gap in between that prevents passage from one to the other, but you can still talk back and forth. In fact, they're so close together that people in Hell can see inside the city of Heaven and see them eating. From Heaven, you'll always have the lovely view of all of your family and friends from your mortal life who didn't give their hearts to Jesus burning in eternal fiery torment. I wonder what a planet-sized pile of perpetually burning bodies smells like.

This is from the parable of Lazarus the beggar in the NT of course.  The rich guy didn't help the beggar, Lazarus.  Lazarus goes to Gan-Eden to be with Abraham, and the rich guy goes to Ge-Hinnom.  In the common mind, this gets confused with the rich guy who was self satisfied, but died later that night, and couldn't take his goods with him ... and Lazarus the guy that Jesus resurrected after 4 days.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Good thing G-d is perfect ... no warts, bunions or callouses ;-) ... no athlete's feet either ;-)) ... since G-d is resting on a very long Sabbath day.  Pedicurists don't go to Heaven, because if they did, there would be nothing for them to do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

TopCat

I wonder this to. What the heck do you do all day? I would rather go to hell. At least he'll has those awful  sinners. But at least they have air conditioning  and science. Maybe the cure from cancer will come from a person in hell.

Baruch

Quote from: TopCat on February 03, 2016, 12:34:02 AM
I wonder this to. What the heck do you do all day? I would rather go to hell. At least he'll has those awful  sinners. But at least they have air conditioning  and science. Maybe the cure from cancer will come from a person in hell.

Yes, Hell is more exciting than Heaven.  Heaven is like an old folks home.  Have you spent time visiting someone in an old folks home?  Of course there is the old joke ... a sinner was given a vision of Heaven, that was like an old folks home, people playing cards and discussing the good old days.  The sinner was then shown a vision of Hell, that was like a big party with alcohol and girls/guys.  So the sinner dies ... and wakes up in Hell.  He is doing the molten lava backstroke with Gollum.  The sinner complains that this isn't what he was shown.  An angel comes down and informs him ... you saw the promo ;-)

Here is another story.  In the Mahabarahta ... a hero dies and goes to Heaven.  When he gets there, he finds that the villains he destroyed are in Heaven having a party.  He is also told that the other heroes, his brothers, are in Hell.  Very disillusioned, he then leaves Heaven voluntarily, and goes to Hell to keep solace with his brothers.  The poet tells this, because this is the last illusion, that heroes are rewarded and villains are punished.  Reality doesn't work like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

Quote from: SGOS on October 24, 2015, 05:03:05 PM
I had a friend in college who saw the Devil.  He was quite adamant after that the Devil was real.  He saw it when he was on drugs too.  Nothing like a good drug induced psychosis to make a believer out of you.

really? that's strange drug addiction did the opposite for me. Made me realize that I did all the work and there was no knight in shining armor coming to the rescue. I use to pray every day for god to save me from my drug addiction. He never did. I finally realized that I had to do it myself.

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on February 03, 2016, 07:10:27 AM
really? that's strange drug addiction did the opposite for me. Made me realize that I did all the work and there was no knight in shining armor coming to the rescue. I use to pray every day for god to save me from my drug addiction. He never did. I finally realized that I had to do it myself.

You are your own god.  This is a good thing to know.  The Buddha, when he was dying, told his disciples to be diligent in bringing about their own salvation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: doorknob on February 03, 2016, 07:10:27 AM

How these spirit guided 12 step programs have escaped scientific scrutiny for the last 100 years is a testimony to man's despair, or his gullibility. 

doorknob

Quote from: SGOS on February 03, 2016, 07:54:30 AM
How these spirit guided 12 step programs have escaped scientific scrutiny for the last 100 years is a testimony to man's despair, or his gullibility.

100% couldn't agree with  you more. I always thought 10% was such a low success rate that it was laughable. too bad no one's willing to put money into finding a real cure.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on February 03, 2016, 07:54:30 AM

Because if God is in it, it has to be good, even if it's bad, because God makes bad good. So even the bad is for your good. Or something.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

People have very unimaginative scenarios about what to do in heaven. Apparently, the common scenario is het male sex fantasies: young beautiful virgins and worship more.

As they also believe they won't have 'the curse of the sin' anymore, I have no idea they can only think about 'sex-sex-sex'. But it explains a lot.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 05, 2016, 12:07:54 PM
People have very unimaginative scenarios about what to do in heaven. Apparently, the common scenario is het male sex fantasies: young beautiful virgins and worship more.

As they also believe they won't have 'the curse of the sin' anymore, I have no idea they can only think about 'sex-sex-sex'. But it explains a lot.

TBH the thought of having sex with a lot of dead and/or imaginary people doesn't really do it for me.

I'd like to think it'd be like exploring the universe or something similar to that. That'd be at least iinteresting.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust