Started by josephpalazzo, October 18, 2015, 05:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

And genetically modified christards

can all make pictures.

https://youtu.be/sYGViB9hReI
Full conspiracy explained.

Solomon Zorn

We have heroes. We don't worship our heroes. The fact that so many of us quote the same few individuals, is only a testimony to how small a minority we are, not indication of worship. The picture is just an attempt to justify politically motivated semantics. If they can paint atheism as a religion, they can probably justify all kinds of retarded laws. How can lack of religion, be a religion? It doesn't have to make sense. It's a war of words, and politicians are the only ones benefiting from it. "Secular" has become a bad word. Instead, let us pray (and make a big show about it) in every public assembly, and turn the whole fucking thing into a church service. If you abstain you're evil, and if you have the courage to object, you're persecuting us. Right-wing demagogues stir up fear and hate for anyone who doesn't vote the way they want them to, by casting them in a demonic light. Don't misunderstand: many Christians are being taught that Humanism = Satanism.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Gawdzilla Sama

Yup, FDR is one my heroes, but he was also a very naughty boy at times.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Hero worship was an early form of religion, like totemism.  Aspects of these continue into modern societies, but it isn't a religion in modern societies ... because ideology has been separated from religion.  In Islamic states that are Sunni, the Salafists are idolaters, they have defiled Islam by making an idol out of Muhammad, specifically his war lordism.

Contrary to Pr126 ... the Sufis are the real Muslims, not the Salafists.  Muhammad would have only been a war lord, except he was also a Sufi.  Hence the confusion.  The Salafists are war lords ... and they oppress Sufis.   They have also split ideology from religion, and kept the ideology and dropped the religion.  Sort of like how Nazis were Nordic pagans, as war lords, not as actual pagans, because most remained Christians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 18, 2015, 08:31:25 AM
Yup, FDR is one my heroes, but he was also a very naughty boy at times.

Politics is like sceptic tank cleaning ... a dirty but necessary business.  FDR made mistakes, but I give him an A for trying.  Similarly Truman and Eisenhower.  US hasn't had good leadership since I was a baby.  The MIC has made sure of that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2015, 08:59:35 AM
Politics is like sceptic tank cleaning ... a dirty but necessary business.  FDR made mistakes, but I give him an A for trying.  Similarly Truman and Eisenhower.  US hasn't had good leadership since I was a baby.  The MIC has made sure of that.

But, but, but... who leads the MIC???

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 18, 2015, 09:49:09 AM
But, but, but... who leads the MIC???

I'm out of the loop.  I even googled MIC, and didn't get much help either.  Down with acronyms!

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on October 18, 2015, 03:50:19 PM
I'm out of the loop.  I even googled MIC, and didn't get much help either.  Down with acronyms!
MIC--isn't that the Men In Black??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cocoa Beware

How did you find such perfect facial expressions for all of them?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 18, 2015, 03:50:19 PM
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL-COMPLEX

HINT: EISENHOWER in BARUCH LAST POST

sorry if i'm shouting...

TomFoolery

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on October 18, 2015, 08:14:08 AM
We have heroes. We don't worship our heroes. The fact that so many of us quote the same few individuals, is only a testimony to how small a minority we are, not indication of worship.

I had never even thought of this until about a week ago when I came across this Harry Potter fan fiction rewritten as a Christian story. I posted a topic on here about it, but a specific quote in which the antichrist Aunt Petunia was telling Harry he couldn't go to Dumbledore's school for prayer. She says "Come back inside, and I will read to you about evolution from the Dawkins." or something to that effect.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10644439/2/Hogwarts-School-of-Prayer-and-Miracles

The Dawkins. Like really? First of all, Dawkins is a person, and not a religious text. And second of all, textbooks should be able to teach you about evolution. Atheists don't worship evolution.

I don't even know how I would go about worshipping anything or having any ceremonies or rites regarding atheism. Maybe that's confusing to deists. I dunno.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

SGOS

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 18, 2015, 04:33:29 PM

I don't even know how I would go about worshipping anything or having any ceremonies or rites regarding atheism. Maybe that's confusing to deists. I dunno.

I think it might be more like incomprehensible.  Beliefs and worship are such a part of theists (although I doubt it's to as great an extent with deists), that they cannot conceive of these behaviors not being part of everyone else's life.  I've often heard theists say, "Well, if you don't believe in God, what do you believe in?"  There seems to be only two options in their imaginations.  If you don't believe in this, then you must believe in that.  If you don't worship this, then what do you worship?  The null response is not even on the table for them.  I think they could grasp your position, if you could get them to focus on what you tell them.  At least for some of them a light might come on.  Some intellectually understand, I think, but in practice they seem to want to default to two options, rather than three.

jonb

Quote from: SGOS on October 18, 2015, 07:41:16 PM
I think it might be more like incomprehensible.  Beliefs and worship are such a part of theists (although I doubt it's to as great an extent with deists), that they cannot conceive of these behaviors not being part of everyone else's life.  I've often heard theists say, "Well, if you don't believe in God, what do you believe in?"  There seems to be only two options in their imaginations.  If you don't believe in this, then you must believe in that.  If you don't worship this, then what do you worship?  The null response is not even on the table for them.  I think they could grasp your position, if you could get them to focus on what you tell them.  At least for some of them a light might come on.  Some intellectually understand, I think, but in practice they seem to want to default to two options, rather than three.

Well how many times have we heard christards trying to be all scientific like say 'something cannot come from nothing'. So the idea of belief turning into nothing must be an impossible concept for them to get their little heads around, unless we explain to them their belief is nothing in the first place.