A few questions for all kinds of unbelievers

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 16, 2013, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Mod, please be so kind as to put the questions back, for they are my own. That facebook link is mine. This is not plagiarism. Put the link back again please.

Are some of those questions you pose actual questions you don't know the answer to? Like ' why rainbows'?

Really?  :Hangman:
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Mod, please be so kind as to put the questions back, for they are my own. That facebook link is mine. This is not plagiarism. Put the link back again please.

Are some of those questions you pose actual questions you don't know the answer to? Like ' why rainbows'?

I know, right?  Rainbows obviously exist to prove the existence of unicorns.

Oh, wait.
<insert witty aphorism here>

La Dolce Vita

Most of these are really silly indeed, but I'll actually be a good sport and answer them just in case he's genuinly ignorant and not a troll.

1º Do you refute the law of the conservation of energy?
Do I have any reason to?

2º Why can a daisy have 5, 8 or 13 petals but never 10 or 11?
Ask someone who cares and/or studies that shit

3º Why male & female?
 Why what?

4º How do you explain Polonium 218?
What's to explain? Ask a scientist.

5º Why right & wrong/good & evil?
Because animals construct rules to survive, usually based on some in-born empathy. These concepts are of course 100% relative.

6º How do you explain emotions & consciousness/why didn't we remain like the animals(unable to choose right from wrong)?
We are animals and quite a few other animals have moral systems as well. The simplest answer is evolution. Animals with this trait were more likely to reproduce.

7º Why the ability to reproduce?
Evolution

8º Why is there only one habitable planet?
We don't know that. But if we are, terrible design maybe?

9º How do you explain the sequence specificity in DNA?
Evolution

10º Why are the opposite sexes attracted to each other?
Evolution

11º Why do we have dominion over animals?
Evolution

12º Why can no example be given for a single genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase the beneficial information in the genome?
Incorrect. Do research!

13º Why life/why didn't we remain atoms or rocks or whatever...?
 We? Anyhow, at some point there was an abiogenesis (which is not connected to evolution btw). We have proven possible causes, i.e. how this could happen - but showing that something could happen a certain way doesn't mean that it did happen that way so we still don't know for sure what caused the abiogenesis and how it worked.

14º Why has macro-evilution never been observed in human history?
 IT HAS. LOL!

15º Why is the oldest tree around 4000 years old(coinciding with the flood)?
Incorrect. LOL.

16º Where are all the transitional fossils from the millions & billions & gazillions of animals & humans that had to supposedly evolve over millions & billions & gazillions of years?
 Museums and labs. Check them out sometime. ;)

17º Why do we have dreams?
The brain does shit

18º Can someone document just one 100% verifiable transitionary fossil that proves that one species actually changed into another completely different species?
Just one would be useless, but how about a few thousand showing the exact transition?

19º What about the population problem with evilution?
Huh?

20º How did new biochemical pathways(which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence) originate?
Ask a scientist

21º Why do all humans, at least one time in their life, wonder about a supreme being?
Because religions are desperately trying to sell their product? We also have pattern seeking brains that adapted to surviving tigers not thinking about the universe - so sometimes we fuck up the logic there.

22º How do you explain the Fibonacci sequence, the number "e" & the number Pi?
Eh ... Why?

23º Why breath?
Why not?

24º How do you explain gay people?
Gay men get it from their mother's genes, we're not sure about the lesbians yet

25º Why do all women bleed on their 1rst sexual relation?
Seriously?

26º How could mutations create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
Eh ...

27º Why are the (expected) countless millions of transitional fossils missing?
They are? Did they disappear over night??? OMG. CALL THE POLICE!!!

28º What about the mathematical impossibility for evolution?
Huh?

29º Where did information come from?
How do you define information? Simple answer: Existence and conciousness capable of processing it.

30º Where do we get intelligence from?
Our brains???

31º How do you explain the miracle of language?
Evolution, intelligence, improved communication, evolution of communication

32º Does reality exist?
By definition I'd say:
[spoil:4q78onr5]yes[spoil]probably[/spoil:4q78onr5][/spoil]

33º Why does water come from our eyes when we cry? Why do humans cry?
Do you really want to know? Somehow I doubt it

34º Why is man stronger than female?
This is not the case throughout the animal kingdom. However, the reason this is the case with humans is:
[spoil:4q78onr5]EVOLUTION[/spoil:4q78onr5]

35º How come the sun & the moon are perfectly placed in our solar system?
Gravity?

36º Why does sex feel so good?
 Evolution  :wink:

37º How do you explain mathematics?
Humans wanted to calculate shit.

38º How do you explain the odds of combinatorial space?
Do I really have to? If this genuinly interests you do a quick google search FFS

39º How do you explain the jewish people that still exist today?
Jews fucked? Some were converted.

40º If we came from monkeys, why are they still here?
They're not. Let's rephrase the question to show you how dumb it is:

If we came from mammals why are there still mammals?

or better:

If seagulls came from birds, why are there still birds?

41º Why the necessity for food?
We need energy

42º Why is evolution, a fundamentally religious idea, a dogmatic belief system that fails to explain the evidence, taught in science classes?
DAMN IT. You are a troll. God damn it. Ok, I won't do anymore of these. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"

I know, right?  Rainbows obviously exist to prove the existence of unicorns.

Oh, wait.

Exactly. I can't believe someone wouldn't know that? I wonder where he was educated and brought up?

NatsuTerran

The question-framing is just ridiculous. Number 6 especially amazes me. Remaining like other animals? "Unable to choose right from wrong?" What makes you think people can choose right from wrong in different ways than animals? It's all a deterministic process of learning that stems from genes, positive/negative reinforcement, punishment, life experiences and a myriad of such factors that influence the choices all living organisms make. You start off with a presupposition that humans are uniquely different from automatons, likely because it merely feels that way to you, and are framing the question for people who may not even agree with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no fundamental difference between human choices and animal choices. Any variety that would lead someone to think of free will is simply a result of chaos theory which is obviously quite amplified in humans due to vastly different geographical locations and upbringing. Those are the external factors, to name a few, that lead to such differences in choices. But considering the other questions, I highly doubt any of this will actually make sense to him.

Mermaid

Has anyone figured out WHY RAINBOWS YET!? I CAN'T SLEEP!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

GurrenLagann

Quote from: "Mermaid"Has anyone figured out WHY RAINBOWS YET!? I CAN'T SLEEP!

Here ya go!:

Premise 1: The Bible says that Rainbows exist.

Premise 2: Rainbows actually exist.

Conclusion: Therefore the Bible is true.

CHECKMATE atheists!!11 :D
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

mnmelt

OMG enough already..@@@

Rainbows appear when raindrops (similar to a prism) reflect sunlight, thus breaking white sunlight into colors.
How is light reflected to create rainbows?

As light enters a water droplet, the different wavelength colors bend at slightly separate angles. Some of this light reflects off the back of the droplet and is bent a second time as the droplet emerges from the light beam. Drops at different angles send distinctively different colors to the eye.

If light is hitting raindrops at a proper angle, a secondary, larger rainbow will appear outside of the main rainbow. This secondary rainbow is fainter in color than the main one because the light has been reflected twice by each raindrop. This double reflection also reverses the colors in the secondary rainbow.

To see a rainbow, an observer must have her back to the sun and rain must be falling in some part of the sky. Since each raindrop is lit by the white light of the sun, a spectrum of colors is produced.

No two observers will ever witness exactly the same rainbow because each will view a different set of drops at a slightly different angle. Also, each color seen is from different raindrops.

Crikey...!!!!   :Hangman:
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

TheDevoutPasta

Quote from: "mnmelt"OMG enough already..@@@

Rainbows appear when raindrops (similar to a prism) reflect sunlight, thus breaking white sunlight into colors.
How is light reflected to create rainbows?

As light enters a water droplet, the different wavelength colors bend at slightly separate angles. Some of this light reflects off the back of the droplet and is bent a second time as the droplet emerges from the light beam. Drops at different angles send distinctively different colors to the eye.

If light is hitting raindrops at a proper angle, a secondary, larger rainbow will appear outside of the main rainbow. This secondary rainbow is fainter in color than the main one because the light has been reflected twice by each raindrop. This double reflection also reverses the colors in the secondary rainbow.

To see a rainbow, an observer must have her back to the sun and rain must be falling in some part of the sky. Since each raindrop is lit by the white light of the sun, a spectrum of colors is produced.

No two observers will ever witness exactly the same rainbow because each will view a different set of drops at a slightly different angle. Also, each color seen is from different raindrops.

Crikey...!!!!   :Hangman:

BULLSHIT!

Rainbows form because the goddamn leprechauns needed an inconspicuous hiding place, and rainbows are inconspicuous as fuck.
"The criticism of the atrocities inherent to religion is an undeniable prerequisite of societal progress."

Rin Hato

BS X2!!!!!

Leprechauns needed a place to put a pot of gold, I told you before!
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

mnmelt

Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

Rin Hato

+1 rep

We need a rep system or thank system, to up vote great posts.

Can we have one?
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Rin Hato"BS X2!!!!!

Leprechauns needed a place to put a pot of gold, I told you before!

BS X3

Miracles...or something.