News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

72 virgins? For real dude?

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 16, 2013, 11:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Belial"All religions have their old timey ideas and interpretations that, over time are outdated.
So, what's to keep from throwing out the whole idea and how does one determine which ideas are true and which ones are safe to throw away?

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Belial"I am muslim, and I personally do not believe in the whole 72 virgins thing.

All religions have their old timey ideas and interpretations that, over time are outdated.
So... you are saying you do not believe in the whole of the qur'an?... :popcorn:
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Belial"All religions have their old timey ideas and interpretations that, over time are outdated.
So, what's to keep from throwing out the whole idea and how does one determine which ideas are true and which ones are safe to throw away?
My point exactly. Let's see what his answer is...

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

aitm

curious question from a person who urges one to read the new testament FIRST. Typical of those embarrassed by the OT.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Plu

Eh, you don't believe in the whole of your books either.

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "aitm"curious question from a person who urges one to read the new testament FIRST. Typical of those embarrassed by the OT.
Not at all embarrassed by the OT. In fact, I firmly believe that someone who has limited knowledge on The OT will never fully understand the NT.

Without the foundation, everything crumbles.

Jmpty

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "aitm"curious question from a person who urges one to read the new testament FIRST. Typical of those embarrassed by the OT.
Not at all embarrassed by the OT. In fact, I firmly believe that someone who has limited knowledge on The OT will never fully understand the NT.

Do you believe that the OT is the word of god?
???  ??

aitm

Of course he does Jmpty, the parts he agrees with and that don't conflict or haven't been disproved or........
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Jmpty"

Do you believe that the OT is the word of god?
What kind of a christian would I be if I said no?

Johan

Quote from: "Jmpty"Do you believe that the OT is the word of god?
What kind of a christian would I be if I said no?
A typical one?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Farroc

What about that whole "Kill all gays!" thing?
Leviticus 20:13 Suppose a man has sex with another man as he would have sex with a woman. I hate what they have done. They must be put to death. Anything that happens to them will be their own fault

Remember, this isn't symbolic. This is God, speaking clearing and directly, to Moses. A clear command.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Belial

Quote from: "the_antithesis"

Everyone keeps some ideas and throws away others.  The same could be said for anyone.  I keep ideas that I am fond of.

Also, people have varying interpretations of things.  So, while some muslims may read the Quran and say, oh 72 virgins with big breats in heaven,

Not all muslims will say, oh yes 72 big breasted women in Jannah.  

Some may believe in less, or more, or physically more spiritual than physically big breasted.  

Some may view it, more as a pure prescience, rather than a physically pure "virgin" who is big breasted.

There are different interpretations.

Jmpty

So, it's a cafeteria style religion? Like a buffet? You just get to pick the things you like, and leave the rest?
???  ??

Belial

Quote from: "Jmpty"So, it's a cafeteria style religion? Like a buffet? You just get to pick the things you like, and leave the rest?

Pretty much. Well, you choose amongst the better tasting flavor. If you have two interpretations and two understandings of what Islam is, you can freely choose amongst the options.  You cant simply not choose any flavor, then you would be a non believer.